IN BRIEFSupply chain
- Supply Chain. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;9/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 35, p45
The article presents an update on the supply chain segment of the chemical industry. Brenntag has bought Wil-Chem Specialty Chemicals in Alberta. Lake Chemicals and Minerals has signed an agreement with U.S.-based TOR Minerals International to distribute its Hitox titanium dioxide products in...
- Brenntag makes UK move with Albion. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/5/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 22, p5
The article reports on the acquisition of Albion Chemicals Group by Brenntag. Albion Chemicals Group was sold to Brentagg but the details of the transaction were not disclosed. Daniel Pithois, Brentagg board member for European operations, has released a statement regarding the operations of the...
- Distribution. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;11/22/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 39, p20
The article discusses the impact of private equity firms on the chemical distribution business in the U.S. and Europe. According to analysts, private equity firms have been buying up distributors over the past few years and embarking on aggressive expansion strategies. The biggest private equity...
- Distribution mergers hit all-time high last year. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;1/22/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 50, p27
The article reports on the economic performance of merger and acquisition (M&A) deals in the chemical distribution market in 2006. M&A activity is expected to feature strongly again in 2007 and four deals have already been announced, including Brenntag's purchase of Saint Lawrence Chemical and...
- news briefs. // Chemical Week;9/20/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 31, p8
The article offers news related to the chemical industry as of September 20, 2006. Tessenderlo Group has plans to restructure its chlorine derivatives business. Wil-Chem Specialty Chemicals was acquired by Brenntag. A decline in second-quarter profit was posted by Arkema.
- BUSINESS & FINANCE NEWS. // Chemical Week;2/2/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 4, p12
This section offers news briefs related to the chemical industry. Chr. Hansen has purchased privately owned biotech firm Urex Biotech in Toronto, Ontario, which focuses on human health and nutrition concerns. Dow AgroSciences announces that it has received approval from Brazilian authorities to...
- Wacker buys silicone production plant in South Korea. // Paintindia;Oct2010, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p136
The article reports that Wacker Chemie AG's subsidiary, Wacker Chemicals Korea Inc., is purchasing the Henkel Technologies (Korea) Ltd.'s Lucky Silicone brand as well as the silicone production plant in Jincheon, South Korea.
- WACKER starts operating production lines for coating compounds in Burghausen. // Paintindia;Jul2011, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p123
The article reports that chemicals company Wacker has started operating silicon polymer production lines in Burghausen, Germany.
- WACKER commissions compounding plant in India for manufacture of ready-to-use silicone elastomers. // Paintindia;Jul2011, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p118
The article reports that German chemical company Wacker has commissioned a compounding factory in Kolkata, India for the purpose of manufacturing ready to use silicon elastomers.