Germans study biomass
- Lurgi to build 2nd generation biofuel plant at Karlsruhe. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Feb2009, Issue 812, p13
The article announces the decision of German process engineering company Lurgi to build a second generation biofuels plant at the Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe research institute in Germany, in collaboration with the Karlsruhe Institute for Technology (KIT). The engineering, construction, supply,...
- Biodiesel supplies held up by glitch in separation tanks. // Professional Engineering;10/18/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p8
The article reports on the delay of shipments of biodiesel from Biofuels Corp. to the plant in Darlington, England. The shipments were held up when quality control tests detected that the biodiesel was off specification. CEO Sean Sutcliffe said that it was a problem in the separation tanks and...
- Iran to Become a Polyester Power? // DNR: Daily News Record;10/18/99, Vol. 29 Issue 123, p47
The article reports that Frankfurt, Germany-based engineering firm Lurgi Zimmer AG will construct a polyester plant at a special economic zone in Iran.
- A ceramic ceiling improves incinerator efficiency. // Chemical Business;Aug96, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p25
Presents an abstract of an article about the research at Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH in Germany regarding the effectiveness of ceramic ceilings in improving the efficiency of municipal solid waste incinerator.
- Joining Alumina and Steel by a Laser-Supported Brazing Process. // Welding Journal;Sep2010, Vol. 89 Issue 9, p44
The article reports on the results of the study, conducted by the Institute of Metalforschung and Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH in Eggenstein, Germany, which investigates the efficiency of a laser-supported brazing method in joining steels and alumina ceramic.
- China's polyester capacity will expand even more. Lennox-Kerr, Peter // Textile World;Nov93, Vol. 143 Issue 11, p86
Reports on Lurgi's plan to build a polyester plant in China. Similar plans of Lenzing AG.
- Lurgi to finish plant -- 10 years on. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;6/2/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2055, p40
Reports the near completion of the chemical plant of Lurgi Oel Gas Chemie in Russia's Bashkortosan republic in June 2003. Production capacity of the plant; Products of Lurgi.
- Lurgi gains biodiesel contracts. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;12/19/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2175, p14
The article reports on the contracts won by Lurgi for the construction of five biodiesel plants in Germany. The contracts are worth a total of about â‚¬140m and will have an annual output of just under 1m tonne. Lurgi said that about 40 new biodiesel plants would have to be built in Europe...
- Turbulence Structure in the Wake Region of a Meteorological Tower. Barthlott, Christian; Fiedler, Franz // Boundary-Layer Meteorology;Jul2003, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p175
A meteorological tower significantly modifies the air flow, the mean wind speed and wind direction as well as the turbulence structure of the air. Such changes can be noticed in particular in the wake region of the tower. Measurements on the 200 m tower of Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe were...