- Adjusting to the 'New Normal.'. Naitove, Matt // Plastics Technology;Jul2009, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p9
The author discusses the evolution of the plastics industry. The use of more plastics is expected as population and gross domestic product (GDP) grow, as well as the development of new applications in areas like automotive and building construction. He asserts that the North American plastics...
- Vietnam economy shows signs of bouncing back from slowdown. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;4/7/2014, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p0008
The article cites some signs of recovery of the economy of Vietnam that were observed at the Plastics and Rubber Vietnam 2014 trade show. Data presented indicate Vietnam's gross domestic product (GDP) growth, increased business confidence, construction of factories, investment in equipment and...
- Banking Sector Outlook. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Jan2011, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses an outlook for the commercial banking sector in Latin America. The forecast focused on three key variables, namely macroeconomic outlook, growth potential and business environment. It is believed that the banking sector of Peru has the high potential in the region. Gross...
- PWC predicts RevPAR growth will slow in '08. Chipkin, Harvey // Hotel & Motel Management;1/7/2008, Vol. 223 Issue 1, p1
The article predicts the performance of the hotel industry in 2008 according to the annual PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) Lodging Industry Briefing in New York in December 2007. PWC partner Bjorn Hanson expects a 5.1 percent increase in revenue per available room (RevPAR) for 2008. The forecasts...
- What's Eating Indian Advertising? Bose, Deepti Khanna // Business Today;7/29/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p96
The article reports on the trends in the advertising industry of India. It is noted that industry is performing good, growing at 20% in 2006, and is expected to end with another robust double-digit growth number in 2007. Such trend is attributed to the 9% thriving gross domestic product (GDP) of...
- China Economic Outlook and Market for Olefins. Yu Jing // China Chemical Reporter;10/6/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p18
The article focuses on forecasted economic conditions and on the expected performance of the petrochemical industry in China. It notes that the annual gross domestic product of the country has grown by an average of 9.67% from 1978 to 2006. Much of the progress were contributed by the...
- Executive Summary. // East Caribbean Business Forecast Report;2010 3rd Quarter, p15
The article presents the executive summary of business forecasting including regional divergence, government financing and the gross domestic product (GDP) in 2010 in Caribbean Area.
- Executive Summary. // Chile Business Forecast Report;2011 1st Quarter, Issue 1, p7
The article presents the business forecast for Chile for the first quarter in 2011 including gross domestic product, and export and import trade.
- Macroeconomic Data and Forecasts. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Aug2002, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p3
Presents a forecast based on the macroeconomic data of China by the research organization Business Monitor International. Increase in the gross domestic product growth; Reason behind the strong industrial output; Role played by consumers in strengthening growth.