IN BRIEFEnvironment Watch
- Charter signed on Trichloro safety. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;7/9/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 2, p15
The article presents news briefs related to environmental affairs. Several makers of trichloroethylene including Dow Europe and Chimcomplex Borzesti have signed a pact aimed at promoting the safe use of trichloroethylene. Industrial firm ICI's report on sustainability for 2006 says it is on...
- Chimcomplex-2nd cogeneration plant. // CIREC Monthly News;06/26/2013, Issue 271, p5
The article informs that Romania-based producer of chemical product Chimcomplex SA Borzesti has started construction of the project cogeneration plant 2 co-financed by the European Regional Development Fundwith an objective to increase energy efficiency through cogeneration plants.
- Ineos secures funds for Runcorn revamp. // Process Engineering;Sep2003, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the government grant acquired by Ineos Chlor in Great Britain. Use of the funds to finance the modernization of the Runcorn chlor-chemicals operation of the company; Details on the plans for the modernization of the facility; Cost of the project.
- Ineos to close Barry PVC plan. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Apr2010, Issue 826, p13
The article reports on the closure of the polyvinyl chloride (PVC) facility of Ineos ChlorVinyls in Barry, South Wales by the end of the second quarter of 2010 due to a decline in demand for PVC.
- BASIC CHEMICALS & PLASTICS. // Chemical Week;1/31/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 3, p20
This section offers news briefs concerning the basic chemicals and plastics sector, including the decision of Ineos ChlorVinyls to increase the price of its caustic soda by 75 euros/ton for the first quarter of 2011 and the average U.S. chlor-alkali operating rates in December 2010, according to...
- Revamp will mean job cuts. // European Chemical News;8/18/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2065, p7
Speculates the possibility of job losses from the modernization of Ineos Chlor's chlorine facility at Runcorn, Great Britain in 2003.
- Ineos Chlor alters pension benefits in UK. // European Chemical News;2/24/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2041, p7
Reports on the changes announced by Ineos Chlor for its pension benefits in Britain as of March 2, 2003. Reaction from the workers at Amicus/AEEU; Background of Ineos Chlor.
- INEOS MOVES IN ON THE MONTHLY MARKET. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p35
The article presents an update on chemical prices with Ineos as the seller as of February 2006. The first monthly butadiene contract prices were settled at â‚¬730/ tonne carriage paid to for January. The monthly prices fell compared with the quarterly ones. The price of ethylene will be the...
- INEOS ChlorVinyls seeks Europe PVC price hike. FINCH, HEIDI // ICIS Chemical Business;7/15/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 2, p24
The article reports that, as of July 2013, chemical companies including the chemical company INEOS ChlorVinyls Ltd. intend to raise their prices for polyvinyl chloride due to ethylene feedstock costs, energy costs, and factors pertaining to supply and demand.