INEOS agrees deal for Lanxess ABS
- Strategics Strike Back. Westervelt, Rob // Chemical Week;2/6/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 4, p3
The article presents an introduction in which the editor discusses an article within the issue about mergers and acquisition in the chemical industry 2011, with particular focus on the role of strategic buyers in these transactions.
- PS Producers Seek Price Hike To Boost Margins. Tullo, Alex // Chemical Market Reporter;07/05/99, Vol. 256 Issue 1, p1
Unveils the price increase initiative of polystyrene manufacturers in the United States. Comment form Ron Hornack, vice-president at Nova Chemicals Inc.; Details on price hike initiative; Significance of consolidation actions of manufacturers.
- INEOS drives plastics growth. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;1/22/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 50, p8
The article reports on the plans of INEOS Polyolefins to invest more than â‚¬150 million in Europe, lifting polypropylene (PP) and high density polyethylene (HDPE) capacities in Belgium and the Great Britain by 2009. At Geel in Belgium, INEOS will close an older, unprofitable PP plant in...
- INEOS ready for downturn. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;1/29/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on the action taken by INEOS Polyolefins to recover from an industry downturn. The company is investing â‚¬150 million in European polyolefins to increase and update its capacity. The company also decided to close a polypropylene (PP) plant at Geel, Belgium while at the...
- M&A to move East? Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business;9/21/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 10, p32
The article reports that according to chemical industry experts, Western and Asian producers are considering merger and acquisition (M&A) opportunities in order to consolidate their positions in Asia. Lyndon Cole, an adviser to Celerant Consulting, says that the consolidation of the Western and...
- INEOS ready for downturn. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;1/29/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 51, p12
The article unveils the plan of Ineos Polyolefins to invest â‚¬150m in European polyolefins to grow and update its capacity while closing older and unprofitable units. The company will close its polypropylene (PP) plant at Geel in Belgium. It also plans to debottleneck its PP unit at...
- BASF Cuts N.A. EPS Capacity. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/1/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 13, p2
Reports on the decision of BASF Corp. to reduce its capacity for expandable polystyrene in North America due to unfavorable market conditions. Factors influencing the decline in demand and profitability.
- INEOS agrees deal for Lanxess ABS. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;7/9/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 2, p21
The article reports that chemical firm INEOS ABS will buy rival Lanxess' acrylo-nitrile-butadiene-styrene unit, Lustran Polymers. The deal will take place in two stages, with the overall price depending on Lustran's earnings for the two years after the acquisition is finalized. Lanxess chief...
- Ineos to Buy Lanxess ABS Business. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;7/4/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 23, p17
The article reports that Ineos has agreed to buy Lanxess's acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) business, Lustran Polymers. Ineos says it will establish a joint venture with Lanxess to take over Lanxess's ABS business and change its name into Ineos ABS. Ineos says it has appointed Gerd Franken...