Global system may hinder Reach
- ASQ offering quality seminars in China. // Medical Device Daily;12/31/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 236, p7
The article reports that the American Society for Quality (ASQ) will provide a seminar on improving quality and product safety to manufacturers throughout China starting 2008. According to ASQ, it is significant for Chinese companies to strengthen their quality improvement process as well as...
- U.K. Distributors Offer an Alternative to Reach. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/19/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 17, p21
Reports on the publication of an alternative version of the Registration, Evaluation, and Authorisation of Chemicals (Reach) testing program, a proposed chemical policy of the European Commission, by the British Chemical Distributors and Traders Association (BCTDA) in Great Britain. Effects of...
- Sour taste in the packaging. Keefe, Lisa M. // Marketing News;04/24/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p9
This section presents information on the survey conducted by the European Commission related to the confidence of Europeans regarding the safety of various foods. When asked whether more controls are needed--whether they believe that the labels are generally truthful--the responses varied widely...
- Cracking the code for safer drug dispensing. Goldstein, Simeon // Packaging News;Jul2008, p30
The article reports on the bar code system to monitor authenticity of drugs as dispensed in the pharmaceutical firms in Great Britain. The scheme was set up by the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations in response to a European Commission consultation on tackling fake...
- Support sought for campaign to ban long-distance transport. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;12/1/2012, Vol. 171 Issue 22, p549
The article reports that the Equine charity World Horse Welfare has called on veterinary surgeons to support its campaign to end the long-distance transportation of horses to slaughter across Europe by adding their names to an open letter to the European Commission.
- Level playing field for all labels, Impala urges EC. Ashton, Robert // Music Week;8/7/2010, Issue 31, p4
The article reports on the suggestion given by Impala, an independent music companies organization, to the European Commission regarding the challenges facing the independent cultural companies in Europe.
- Member Exchange Deadline. // Facts & Findings;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p7
The article announces that the deadline for the submission of proposals, for the National Association of Legal Assistants' annual Member Exchange presentations in Omaha, Nebraska, will be on July 27-30, 2010.
- Europe's economic sentiment. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/29/2015, pA02
The article reports on the flat economic sentiment of Europe in the May 2015 index of the European Commission (EC), with better confidence in industry compared to the consumer sector.
- European sentiment edges up. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/23/2015, pA02
The article reports on the growth of the eurozone consumer confidence gauge by the European Commission in November 2015.