IN BRIEFAsia Watch
- IPCL profits given major boost. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;1/22/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 50, p14
The article reports on the financial performance of Indian Petrochemicals Corp. Ltd. for the third quarter of 2006. IPCL has boosted its operating profit by 28% to 6.81 billion Indian rupees (Rs) in the quarter, from Rs5.32 billion in 2005. The firm said that the operating profit increase was...
- Window on financial developments in chemical industries. Desai, Suresh Thakur // Chemical Business;Apr2007, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p15
The article presents an update on the chemical industry in India as of April 2007. GAIL (India) Ltd. plans to invest 18,000 crore in pipeline projects in the coming years. Reliance Industries Ltd. proposes to merge with Indian Petrochemical Corp. Ltd. (IPCL). Pfizer reported a 14% net profit of...
- IPCL set for a Rs. 4000 cr. expansion scheme. // Chemical Business;Jan1996, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the state-owned Indian Petrochemicals Corp. Ltd.'s (IPCL) expansion plan for a boost in production and sales in the liberalized economic regime and the upswing in the international petrochemicals market. Setting up of a gas-based petrochemical complex at Gandhar in Gujarat.
- India Moves Ahead With IPCL Divestment. McPadden, Mike // Chemical Market Reporter;11/19/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 18, p22
Reports on the decision of the Indian government to sell its stake in three petroleum chemicals complexes owned by the Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd. Reason for the decision of the government to revert its original plan to sell the complexes as a package; Factors which contributed to...
- Rubber Products and Pesticide Sectors Set to Benefit from Tax Break. // China Chemical Reporter;12/6/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p5
The article presents information on an announcement made by the China Ministry of Finance and the State Administration of Taxation about tax rebate on export of rubber products, pesticides, daily chemical products and medical chemicals. The export rebate rate for some rubber products is raised...
- GLOBAL ROUNDUP. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;7/26/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 454, p4
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Asia as of July 26, 2004. Plan of Gail India to expand its gas-based Pata petrochemical complex in Uttar Pradesh, India; Cause of the shut down of the crude distillation unit of LG-Caltex Oil in Yeochun, South Korea; Decision of the board of...
- Reliance, IPCL ponder tolling plan. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;5/19/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 402, p9
Reports that Reliance Industries Ltd. and Indian Petrochemicals Corp. Ltd. (IPCL) are evaluating whether to enter into a tolling arrangement involving the latter's cracker complex in Baroda, Gujarat, India. Highlights of the tolling plan; Information on IPCL; Expectation from the tolling...
- Indian petrochems show strength despite Asian economic problems. Oey, Patricia // Chemical Market Reporter;05/04/98, Vol. 253 Issue 18, p23
Reports on earnings and revenues of Indian petrochemical producers Indian Petrochemical Corp. Ltd. and Reliance Industries Ltd. for the first quarter of 1998. Sales and net profits; Comparison with the same period in 1997.
- Asia in brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/24/98, Vol. 254 Issue 8, p37
Reports on news briefs about the chemical industry in Asia as of August 24, 1998. Plan by JG Summit to sell stake in JG Summit Petrochemical; Losses by Indian Petrochemical Co. Ltd. for first quarter of 1998.