China economy lifts Yip's Chemical profits
- China economy lifts Yip Chemical's profits. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;7/9/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 2, p8
The article discusses fiscal 2007 earnings results for chemical manufacturer Yip's Chemical Holdings.
- Using Hydrofluoroether Solvents to Replace HCFC-141b, Part II. Govaerts, Frank; Deane, David D. // Medical Device Technology;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on the benefits of using of hydrofluoroethers solvents as replacement solvents. Major design parameters for reducing solvent consumption in a typical vapor degreaser; Difficulty in controlling the loss of solvent in coating operations; Advantage of reducing solvent usage.
- Finding the right solution. Bromhead, Alistair // Cabinet Maker;07/02/99, Issue 5144, p22
Reports demands of the environmental legislation on solvent based surface finishes of furniture. Provision of process guidance note for compliance of the fifteen-ton solvent usage; Implications of using wood coating processes; Compliance of office furniture manufacturers on the process...
- Ask Joe Powder. // Finishing Today;May2007, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p56
The article presents questions and answers related to the coatings industry. One reader inquires about the presence of overcure protective additive in powders. The author offers solvents that will suit in a coatings process that include denatured alcohol, lacquer thinner, mineral spirits and...
- Foundry's new line boosts sales. Scott, Chey // Journal of Business (10756124);8/11/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p5
The article reports on the installation of customizable metal powder-coating equipment by LA Aluminum Casting Co. that contributed to the boost in its sales.
- Coatings hot under the collar. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;11/15/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2124, p12
Presents a statistical report by the British Coatings Federation on the impact of price hikes of raw materials on the coatings sector in November 2004. Decline in the operating profits of manufacturers in the coatings industry in the year ending December 2003; Increase in the costs of...
- LITERATURE SHOWCASE. // Industrial Paint & Powder;May2006, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p36
The article presents information about several equipment, material and services used in paint and coatings manufacturing and application. The gas and electric ovens from Precision Quincy Corp. deliver uniform, digitally controlled temperatures. The Environmental Powder Coating Room from KMI...
- Solvent vs. Water-Based UV. // Wood Digest's Finishing;Mar2005, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p20
The article compares traditional solvent-borne and water based UVs. One needs water-based UVs because of the fact that 100 percent products are 100 percent solid, means whatever goes on the substrate initially, stays there. This is fine for a closed pore look or on woods with very little pore...
- Synthesis of Polymerization Film Formation Materials by Method of Emulsion or Direct Radical Polymerization of Acrylic Monomer. Morozova, E. M. // Protection of Metals & Physical Chemistry of Surfaces;Mar2010, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p239
Production methods and the properties of polymerization film formation materials are described. One of these methods is emulsion (latex) polymerization that takes place at a high rate at a rather low temperature. A second method is new and involves the production of polymer coatings by the...