Hanwha chief behind bars
- Verbatim. // Time International (Atlantic Edition);7/16/2007, Vol. 170 Issue 2, p12
This article presents quotations from newsmakers. Tennis star Nikolay Davydenko comments on the nightlife at the Wimbledon tennis tournament in London. South Korean businessman Kim Seung Youn is quoted on how he tired of beating bar workers who fought with his son and Russian President Vladimir...
- IN BRIEF. LLOYD, PETER // Gay Times (09506101);Oct2009, Issue 373, p110
This section offers news briefs. A man was sentenced to six years in jail for the attempted murder of his lover in Leeds Crown Court, West Yorkshire, England. A young mother was assaulted in Exeter, Devon, England after defending her younger brother from a verbal homophobic attack. Television...
- DERRY MAN JAILED FOR HOMOPHOBIC ATTACK. // Gay Community News;Apr2005, Issue 184, p5
Reports on the jail term for a Derry, Ireland man for stabbing a gay man during a homophobic attack in the city. Confession of the crime by Gerald John McKinney; Narration of the events leading to the stabbing incident; Pronouncement of the three year jail term by the judge Tom Burgess.
- Judge fines assailant, advocates tolerance. Chausson, Nils // Body Politic;Mar83, Issue 91, p16
Reports that a judge of the Provincial Court of Alberta sentenced Darrin Burke of Edmonton on December 10, 1982 for assaulting a gay man. Details on the assault; Excerpts from the judgment.
- PiÃ±on man gets 3 year for stabbing uncle. // Navajo Times;4/8/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 14, pA-11
The article reports that Joseph Peter Begay of PiÃ±on, Arizona received a three year prison sentence for stabbing his uncle.
- The drama triangle. Mayrer, Jessica // Missoula Independent;8/4/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p8
The article focuses on the discussion of the drama triangle by licensed professional counselor Rick McLeod who instills accountability in treating men involve in crime in Missoula, Montana. It says that McLeod's program Men Advocating Nonviolence (MAN) is used as group and individual therapy for...
- CRIMINAL. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Jan2013, p18
This section offers news briefs on criminal lawsuits including an alleged physical assault by an officer to a detainee, rejection of a claimed excessive sentencing to a man who exposed his partners to human immunodeficiency virus, and sentencing of Renato Seabra for the murder of Carlos Castro.
- Doctor to spend two years in prison. // New Zealand Doctor;7/1/2009, p19
The article reports that Doctor Ron Vautier has been sentenced to two years in prison for three counts of indecently assaulting three girls in Coromandel, New Zealand between 1979 and 1988. Vautier pleaded guilty to the charges filed with the High Court in Auckland. According to prosecutor Peter...
- Monks flee Se monastery as repression increases. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Jul2008, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p11
The article provides updates on the status quo of monk students in religious schools and monasteries in Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR) in China. The Se monastery has been abandoned by its monks due to the increasing restrictions and repression that were imposed on March 16, 2008 regarding the...