'Avatar' Goes Online, Mobile
- MTV launches cell program in Japan. Madden, Normandy; Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;10/11/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 41, p22
Reports on the launching of an advertising-supported program for mobile phones called MTV Hayadashi by MTV in Japan on October 10, 2004. Features of the wireless program; Information on how MTV Hayadashi will be delivered to mobile phones; Availability of the program.
- Cable Nets Populate Wireless V Cast. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p37
Focuses on the V Cast multimedia service on cell phones launched by Verizon Wireless in February 2005. List of companies providing video content for the service; Information on the CNNtoGO Video content; Video content provided by ESPN and MTV Networks; Details of the service.
- MARJORIE COHN. Whipp, Glenn // Daily Variety;10/22/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 15, pA23
The article focuses on the achievements of Marjorie Cohn as the programming and development president at Nickolodeon Inc.
- Adventures Abroad. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 31, p8
The article reports on the decision of several U.S. media companies to use their international reach to develop their mobile-video business. Discovery Networks launched its first Wireless Access Protocol service which enable users to access ring tones and video clips. MTV Networks, NBC Universal...
- Biz Stumps For Legit Download Services. Bruno, Antony // Billboard;12/25/2004, Vol. 116/117 Issue 52/1, p46
Focuses on the developments in the digital music industry in the U.S. as of December 25, 2004. Information on the online music and multimedia store planned by MTV Networks for 2005; Expected role of wireless carriers and mobile telephones in the music industry for 2005; Services offered by...
- MTV throwing mobile party. Mayberry, Carly // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/19/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that MTV Networks is taking full-length movies to the mobile screen. The network has said that "Super Sweet 16: The Movie" which is an extension of the MTV series "My Super Sweet 16," will premiere on mobile television service Verizon V Cast TV, marking the first time an MTV...
- MTV boosts digital media with hires. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;4/8/2005, p28
This article reports that MTV Networks Asia has positioned itself for further expansion into the digital media realm, with the appointment of two new media specialists, both of whom are based in Singapore. Laurent Verrier has been named vice-president of MTV's digital media division, while Brian...
- Nick's pick Cohen upped to exec VP. Oel, Lily // Daily Variety;2/27/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 45, p4
Announces the promotion of Marjorie Cohn to executive vice president of development and original programming at Nickelodeon. Job responsibilities; Career history.
- Ease And Safety Drive Market. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on the marketing of mobile phone accessories in the United States. Measures taken by handset manufacturers to control the distribution process of accessories; How consumers view accessories; Factors that contributed to the increase in sales of the accessories.