Nielsen Adds an Ad Tracker
- Facebook and Google strike online pact for FBX ads. Shields, Ronan // Marketing Week (Online Edition);10/21/2013, p11
The article reports on Google's announcement regarding its employment of DoubleClick Bid Manager tool, which aids brands buy ad space from across the web through private and public ad exchanges, to buy inventory sold via Facebook's ad exchange FBX in real-time. It discusses the added benefits of...
- Magnet Advertising. Kelly, Ken // Roofing Contractor;Mar2012, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p24
The article offers information on magnet advertising or advertising through content. Magnet advertising works by advertising specifically to a select group of potential clients and by striking at a time of need or when the consumer could possibly be looking for a solution. Types of advertising...
- Web Rover. // CREATIVITY;Oct2004, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p35
The article reports on curious new campaign by Land Rover that doesn't show the product or mention the brand. It's all about sending the viewer to www.findyouraq.com. The authors guess that one has to be pretty bored to bother going there, but most people are in fact pretty bored, so what the...
- CLOSING THE CLOSET. Llewelyn, Rachel // Curve;Apr2005, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p63
Offers information on the CommercialCloset.com web site. Improvement of mainstream advertising for lesbians.
- KISS OF THE SPIDER PRE-WOMAN. // CREATIVITY;Jun2004, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p26
They have seen plenty of zoo ads that are trying desperately to make the place seem cool to kids, but few have the style of this little number for Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo. An exquisite little Pippi Longstocking type, done up in black-frame glasses, which only increases her femme fataleness,...
- Clicks for Kids. Ross, Sid // Brandweek;01/08/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 2, pIQ30
Provides several graphs and charts that provide information on the children in the United States who use the Internet as of January 2001, as reported by Nielsen NetRatings. Average number of hours children log online; Top Web sites that use banner advertisements for children.
- EXPLORING THE EFFECTS OF ONLINE ADVERTISING ON READERS' PERCEPTIONS OF ONLINE NEWS. Hyeseung Yang; Oliver, Mary Beth // Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly;Winter2004, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p733
This study examined how commercialization of Internet news sites can impact perceptions of news. An experiment (N=260) showed that perceptions of online news stories varied as a function of the presence or seriousness of online advertising and internet use (light versus heavy). Among light...
- FROM THE EDITOR. Chakrapani, Chuck // Marketing Research;Spring2004, Vol. 16 Issue 1, preceding p2
This article introduces a series of articles on advertising in the U.S.
- O2 'We're better, connected'. // Marketing (00253650);5/14/2008, p23
The author reflects on the television advertisement of O2 company in Great Britain. He states that its advertisement which has entered the Adwatch table at number 20 is extremely puzzling, because the advertisement's central insight which is a more connected world is a better world is too...