Verifying Web 'Facts'
- ARF to spearhead study on measuring Web ads. Williamson, Debra Aho // Advertising Age;2/10/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p8
Announces that the first study to compare the effectiveness of Internet advertising with other media will be undertaken by the Advertising Research Foundation (ARF). The annoucement by the group came at a meeting on interactive media measurement hosted by ARF; Overwhelming consensus that...
- Industry groups join to set standards for Web metrics. Maddox, Kate // B to B;06/11/2001, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the Internet Measurement Initiative's partnership with the Advertising Research Foundation to address audience measurement issues facing online advertisers. Previous attempts to set guidelines for online audience measurement; Members of the two organizations; Plans of the partnership.
- The smalls. Keenan, Ted // Finance Week;12/10/99, p28
Presents news briefs related to advertising as of December 10, 1999. Includes Advertising Research Foundation's release of its Child Amps and Rams market survey results in South Africa; International Public Relations Association's announcement of its Golden World awards in Tokyo, Japan;...
- ARF sees Net altering research like scanners revamped retail. Haran, Leah // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Apr96, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p30
Reports on the Advertising Research Foundation's formation of a Millennium Project to forecast on the future of advertising. Statement from Michael Naples, president of foundation; Survey released on marketers' involvement in new media and international marketing; Implication of Internet in...
- Using the World Wide Web for Research: Are Faculty Satisfied? Herring, Susan Davis // Journal of Academic Librarianship;May2001, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p213
Presents a study which explores faculty member's satisfaction toward the Web as a resource source. Methodology; Results; Discussion; Conclusion.
- ARF: Researchers need to act more like consultants. Boman, Steve // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Dec99, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p35
Reports on the advice of Advertising Research Foundation head, Jim Spaeth to his fellow market researchers. Mistakes in information from market researchers, according to a study by the foundation; Comments from Stuart Agnes, director of corporate research at Young & Rubicam.
- Kidvid puzzle. // Advertising Age;10/14/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 42, p30
Opinion. Looks at a study by the advertising research Foundation's Youth Research Council to determine why kids are turning off broadcast television at an alarming rate in 1996. Amount of money marketers spend on kids television annually; Evident dearth of quality children's programming; What...
- ARF names new chairman. // Editor & Publisher;4/15/95, Vol. 128 Issue 15, p24
Reports that the Advertising Research Foundation (ARF) has announced that Larry G. Chiagouris, managing director of CDB Research & Consulting, will serve as chairman of the ARF board of directors for 1995.
- New media top ad-confab topic. Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter;5/8/95, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the agenda of the Advertising Research Foundation's annual meeting on June 21-22, 1995. 1995 conference as the biggest gathering of industry experts on marketing challenges as a result of new technology; Difficulty in tracking audiences.