Comcast Tries Self-Installs in S.F
- Comcast Rings In VoIP in Phila. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;7/1/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p2
Introduces the Internet-protocol (IP) telephony service from Comcast Corp. in Philadelphia. Features of the telephony service; Company background; Advantages of the IP telephony service offer.
- MEASURED MARKETING FOR COMCAST DIGITAL VOICE. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;1/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p60
Presents information on the marketing approach of Comcast Corp. for the deployment of Digital Voice technology in the U.S. in January 2005. Remarks from Tom White, vice president of marketing for Comcast Digital Voice, on phone services; Expansion of Digital Voice in the market according to Bob...
- Slow But Sure, Comcast Finds Its Voice. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;9/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p34A
The article discusses how the Comcast Digital Phone service, a digital voice business of Comcast Corp., becoming a success in the U.S. The decision to integrate its back-office and soft-switch equipment with the modems in customer homes has delayed the rollout of digital-phone service. The...
- MAJOR INTERNET PLAYERS FURTHER DETAIL PLANS FOR VOICE. WILSON, CAROL // Telephony;9/26/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 18, p8
Discusses EarthLink Inc.'s venture into voice-over-IP (VoIP) pool, announced at the VON 2005 conference. State of the VoIP industry; Major expansion announced by AOL Time Warner Inc.; Comcast Corp.'s decision to become more aggressive on marketing digital phone service.
- Roberts Sees Barriers. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;11/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p26
The article reports on the appeal of Comcast chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Roberts to state regulators for help in removing regulatory hurdles that serve to frustrate his company's ability to roll out digital telephone service in Miami, Florida. Roberts also complained the...
- For Insight, VolP's the Next Wave. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p33
Reports on the plan of Insight Communications Co. to introduce a voice-over-Internet protocol telephony service in 2004. Circuit-switched service of Insight in four markets; Estimated circuit-switched customers of Insight; Negotiation between Insight and Comcast concerning their telephony deal.
- COMCAST UNVEILS IP-ENABLED PHONE SERVICE IN COLORADO SPRINGS. // Tele-Service News;Oct2007, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p2
The article reports on the launch by Comcast of an Internet protocol (IP)-enabled telephone service in Colorado Springs, Colorado called Comcast Digital Voice. The service offers digital-quality telephone service with unlimited direct-dial local and domestic long-distance calling, Web access to...
- Telephony Calls Opportunities. Hardesty, Linda // Communications Technology;Nov2009, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p20
The article discusses the new products in the telephony industry offered by various firms. It cites the digital enhanced cordless telecommunications (DETC) phone introduced by Comcast Corp. in October 2009 which is being provided by Thomson SA. According to Brad Sparks of Thomson, the phone is...
- Comcast Learns To Love the Bundle. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p87
Focuses on the efforts of Comcast Corp. to attract consumers by offering a bundle of digital telephone and high-speed Internet service. Concept of bundling; Percentage of high-speed Internet penetration of various cable networks; Partnership between Comcast and Time Warner Inc. for the purchase...