Verizon Unhooks 30 Subs
- FiOS to upgrade widgets. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/20/2009, Vol. 56 Issue 14, p12A
The article reports on the plan of Verizon to extend its fiber optic service (FiOS) widgets to third-party developers in Long Island, New York. The widgets feature micro-blogging platform while watching a television show. It notes that one of the widgets is capable to update user profile in...
- Upstate gets Verizon upgrades quicker with positive attitude. Tampone, Kevin // Business Journal (Central New York);3/25/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p5
Reports that upstate New York will be among the first communities in the U.S. to join Verizon Communications Inc.'s high-speed and fiber-optic network. Installation of fiber-optic cables in Fayetteville, Cicero and parts of Syracuse in New York; Estimation of the work's completion by the end of...
- Verizon picks starting lineup for FTTP project. // CED;Jan2004, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the disclosure of an initial list of vendors and short-term timelines for a project by Verizon Communications Inc. Expectation of the company to begin the project deployment and product rollouts in 2004; Selected primary vendors by the company; Provider of the central office and...
- Verizon and NEC Announce Another Industry First: Setting Records for the Highest-Capacity Transmission Over Field Fiber. // Fiber Optics & Communications;May2013, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the announcement of Verizon Communications Inc. and NEC Corp. of America regarding their another industry first. It notes that the companies have announced that they set records for the highest-capacity transmission for regional and long-haul distances over field fiber. It...
- VERIZON ADDS 194,000 FIOS VIDEO SUBS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;1/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the 201,000 net new fiber-optic Internet (FiOS) connections in U.S. homes added by Verizon Communications in the fourth quarter of 2011, including 194,000 video subscribers.
- Mass. Slowdown For Verizon FiOS. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/12/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p18
The article focuses on data released by Massachusetts Department of Telecommunications and Cable (DTC) which discloses the slow down in the uptake of telecommunication service from Verizon Communication Inc. considering the near-end of its fiber optic services (FiOS) buildout.
- BABY BELLS TAP HOLLYWOOD TALENT. Lashinsky, Adam // Fortune;1/24/2005, Vol. 151 Issue 2, p26
Discusses high-profile hires of television executives by telephone companies who are gearing up to offer television programming through modified phone lines. Hiring of executive Terry Denson by Verizon Communications and Dan York by Bell SBC; Consideration of what the companies must invest in...
- Steps to planning a successful telecom cabling installation. Harris, Bruce // CEE News;Jul97, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p13
Provides steps in planning installation of telecommunication cable. Understanding cable construction; Termination and dressing cabling; Fiber-optic concerns.
- FTTH catches on with Independents. Weber, Toby // Telephony;10/1/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 14, p21
Focuses on the increase in demand for direct fiber connections in rural communities in the United States. Problems associated with the deployment of fiber-to-the-home and fiber-to-the-building technologies; Telecommunication networks and their experiences of direct fiber networks; Deployment...