Video Awards Give MTV More
- WCVB Offers Guarantees. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 46, p31
Highlights the potential proliferation of ratings guarantees in Boston, Massachusetts as of November 2003, one year after the inauguration of Nielsen's local people meter in the city. Issues on the decision of WCVB-TV to release ratings guarantees for its entire schedule; Criticism on the diary...
- A Winning Race:. // CableFAX Daily;5/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 91, p2
Focuses on an increase in rating of television programs of TVG in the U.S., as of May 10, 2006.
- Network report card. Berman, Marc // Brandweek;4/21/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 16, pSR6
Presents information on the ratings of selected television programs as of April 21, 2003. Assessment of television programs shown on Columbia Broadcasting Co.; Increase in the ratings of the programs of American Broadcasting Company; Programs which contributed to the increase in the rating of Fox.
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;1/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p2
Presents updates on the ratings of several television programs in the U.S. for the week ending January 3, 2005.
- RATINGS 2/14-20/05. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/7/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 10, p13
Presents charts of the ratings of television programs in the U.S. from February 14 to 20, 2005. Top television programs; Television series regarding courts.
- HEARTLAND SKIPS AWARDS BEAT. McNamara, Tara // Daily Variety;10/25/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 19, pA8
The article focuses on the decreasing ratings of award presentations that are aired in the television in the U.S. Since the breakthrough of television, award presentations like the Emmy Awards, have been each season's most-watched show, however, each passing year sees ratings drift further...
- Big News in TV's Ratings Race. McClellan, Steve // Adweek;9/20/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 33, p8
The article discusses ratings for television programs on broadcast television networks and cable television. An overall increase in ratings for audiences for broadcast television programs in the 2009-2010 television season is examined. A corresponding decline in overall ratings for cable...
- Shaq whacks Tony in Sunday night shootout. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;6/9/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 46, p4
Compares the rating of the season finale of HBO's "The Sopranos" and the NBA Finals. Rank of mob drama "The Sopranos" during the Game 1 of pro basketball's championship series; Prevalence of NBC in the overall in primetime for the week of May 31-June 6, 2004; Recognition of CBS as the network...
- MTV Pits Cable Vs. Broadcast in Ratings Game. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);9/16/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p38
Provides information on the television broadcast and cable ratings of MTV Networks as of September 16, 2002. Top-rated shows on television among viewers 18 to 49 for the period September 2-9, 2002; Remarks from Betsy Frank, executive vice president of research and planning at MTV Networks;...