New Survey Vessel Discovery Starts Work for Fugro Survey
- UNOLS FLEET. // Sea Power;Jan2009, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p54
The article lists the civilian oceanographic research ships that are part of the University National Oceanographic Laboratory System fleet which include the Kilo Moana ocean ship, the Seward Johnson intermediate ship, and the Urraca local near-shore ship.
- ROV runs silent, runs deep. Higgins, Amy; Koucky, Sherri // Machine Design;04/19/2001, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p28
Focuses on the machine design of a remotely operated undersea vehicle (ROV) from the French National Institute for Maritime Research. Features; Record set for a single dive.
- 'SOUTHERN SURVEYOR' CSIRO'S OCEAN RESEARCH VESSEL RESTORED. Anderson, Guy // Professional Fisherman;Nov2003, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p32
Features Souther Survivor, an oceanographic research vessel designed by Burness Corlett. Construction material; Overall length; Beam; Draught; Speed; Main engine; Gear box; Fuel capacity.
- INTRODUCTION TO THE SPECIAL ISSUE ON ANTARCTIC OCEANOGRAPHY IN A CHANGING WORLD. DUCKLOW, HUGH; ORSI, ALEJANDRO; WELLNER, JULIA S . // Oceanography;Sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p14
The article presents an overview of oceanographic research aboard two Antarctic research vessels, namely, Research Vessel Icebreaker (RVIB) Nathaniel B. Palmer and the Antarctic Research and Supply Vessel (ARSV) Laurence M. Gould. It introduces a series of papers published in September 2012...
- Circumpolar View of the Southern Ocean from 1962 to 1992. GORDON, ARNOLD L . // Oceanography;Sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p18
The 1962-1992 period spanning the research vessel Eltanin/ Islas Orcadas expeditions to Ice Station Weddell, and the following World Ocean Circulation Experiment, may be viewed as the closing phase of an era of broad-based, circumpolar surveys of the Southern Ocean. Today's investigations of the...
- Islands of Ice: Influence of Free-Drifting Antarctic Icebergs on Pelagic Marine Ecosystems. VERNET, MARIA; SMITH JR., KENNETH L.; CEFARELLI, ADRIAN O.; HELLY, JOHN J.; KAUFMANN, RONALD S.; HAI LIN; LONG, DAVID G.; MURRAY, ALISON E.; ROBISON, BRUCE H.; RUHL, HENRY A.; SHAW, TIMOTHY J.; SHERMAN, ALANA D.; SPRINTALL, JANET; STEPHENSON JR., GORDON R.; STUART, KEITH M.; TWINING, BENJAMIN S. // Oceanography;Sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p38
The article presents a study which examined the impact of free-drifting icebergs in the Atlantic sector of the Southern Ocean aboard the Antarctic Research and Supply Vessel (ARSV) Laurence M. Gould (LMG) and aboard the Research Vessel Ice Breaker (RVIB) Nathaniel B. Palmer. It describes how the...
- Sixty-Four Days of Hydrography and Storms: RVIB Nathaniel B. Palmer's 2011 S04P Cruise. SWIFT, JAMES H.; ORSI, ALEJANDRO H. // Oceanography;Sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p54
The article focuses on the findings of an oceanographic research on board the icebreaking research vessel, Nathaniel B. Palmer in the Antarctic Ocean. The researchers measured the salinity, dissolved oxygen, nutrients and others in the water samples they collected. It relates observations on the...
- SHALDRIL I and II: Drilling from the Research Vessel Icebreaker Nathaniel B. Palmer. ANDERSON, JOHN B.; WELLNER, JULIA S. // Oceanography;Sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p82
The article focuses on drilling operations in 2005 and 2006 (SHALDRIL I and II) conducted from the icebreaking research vessel Nathaniel B. Palmer in the northern Antarctic Peninsula region. The operations were able to obtain complete climate records from a section of Holocene strata. It relates...
- Sub-Antarctic and High Antarctic Notothenioid Fishes: Ecology and Adaptational Biology Revealed by the ICEFISH 2004 Cruise of RVIB Nathaniel B. Palmer. DETRICH III, H. WILLIAM; BUCKLEY, BRADLEY A.; DOOLITTLE, DANIEL F.; JONES, CHRISTOPHER D.; LOCKHART, SUSANNE J. // Oceanography;Sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p184
The goal of the ICEFISH 2004 cruise, which was conducted on board RVIB Nathaniel B. Palmer and traversed the transitional zones linking the South Atlantic to the Southern Ocean, was to compare the evolution, ecology, adaptational biology, community structure, and population dynamics of Antarctic...