AIDS: older men infect teenage girls
- What you don't know.... // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jan92, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p35
Reports on a study which concludes that many teenaged girls are ignorant about sexual matters. Findings of researchers at the University of Alberta published in `The American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology.'
- ADOLESCENTS HIV RISK PERCEPTION AND SEXUAL BEHAVIOUR IN LAGOS METROPOLIS, NIGERIA. Wusu, Onipede // IFE PsychologIA;2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p227
Previous studies on the association between HIV risk perception and sexual behaviour limited classification of risk perception to low and high, and their findings are largely mixed. This study seeks to contribute to knowledge on this association through the inclusion of the reasons why...
- Too shy to talk. Shelton, Sandi Kahn // Working Mother;May95, p80
Presents tips for parents on how to talk to their teenage daughters about sex, as cited in the book `All That She Can Be,' by Carol J. Eagle. Girls' response to an indirect approach; Depersonalization of a conversation; Contact information.
- Unmet Need for Sexuality Education among Adolescent Girls in Southwest Nigeria: A Qualitative Analysis. Omigbodun, Olayinka O.; Omigbodun, Akinyinka O. // African Journal of Reproductive Health;Dec2004, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p27
This study utilises a qualitative approach to elicit the reproductive health concerns of girls at a Christian summer camp with a view to making recommendations on how to improve the content and process of future sessions. The girls asked questions anonymously about various aspects of their...
- Sex ed fun corner: Jamie Lynn edition. Eastland, Juliet // Bitch Magazine: Feminist Response to Pop Culture;Spring2008, Issue 39, p16
In this article, the author reflects on the sexual behavior and practices of teenage girls in the U.S. The author implies the importance of sex education to women. She highlights the unwanted pregnancy of teenage actress Jamie Lynn Spears and its impact on teenage girls and their mothers. In...
- LOST INNOCENCE. Baker, Jordan // Australian Women's Weekly;Mar2012, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p91
The article discusses the need to start helping teenage girls as they face increasing pressure to have sex than ever before. It says that teenage girls are learning sex from the Internet, which is the version of sex education class in the 21st century. According to parenting expert Michael...
- Can watching a couple of Rihanna videos really turn a girl into a knicker-dropping strumpet? Penny, Laurie // New Statesman;2/1/2013, Vol. 142 Issue 5143, p21
The article looks at issues related to teenagers and sexuality, as of 2013. The author describes and criticizes what she views as a moral panic in Great Britain concerning teenage girls' sexuality. She suggests that adults need to take responsibility for not abusing youths and for providing...
- Complexities of Morality. Perlman, Sidney // Annals of Internal Medicine;May70, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p761
Comments on an article published in the periodical "Annals of Internal Medicine" concerning the issue of teenage pregnancy. Social factors influencing teenage girls' sexual behavior; Responsibilities of physicians in educating teenagers.
- Planned Parenthood Encourages Everyone to Get the Facts and Get Tested On National HIV Testing Day. // La Prensa San Diego;6/29/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p5
The article focuses on Planned Parenthood Federation of America Inc. which urges the people of the U.S. to learn how to practice safer sex and get educated about the risks of HIV on the occasion of National HIV Testing Day which is on June 27, 2012.