Big Three Chains Teetering Toward Growth in Potter Year
- Big Three Futures Darkened by Recession, Competitive Pressures. // Book Publishing Report;Apr2008, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that three big chains of bookstores are facing difficulty in its 2007 sales due to economic recession and competitive pressures in the U.S. These three big chains are composed of Barnes and Noble, Borders Group Inc. and Books-A-Million Inc. which are facing significant...
- No Potter Run-Up Means No Growth for Big Three in Second Quarter. // Book Publishing Report;8/28/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p1
The article reports that publishers Barnes & Noble Inc., Borders Group Inc. and Books-A-Million Inc. have reported sales decline for the second quarter of 2006. Barnes & Noble reported a 2.6 percent fall in comparable store sales, Borders noted a 5 percent drop and Books-A-Million marked a...
- Store count, e-commerce top priorities. // Discount Store News;8/9/99, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p54
Looks at the posted sales earnings of bookstores in the United States in 1998. Store growth of Barnes & Noble; Posted earnings of Borders Books and Music; Expansion made by Books-A-Million.
- Top bookstore chain sales rise more than 15% in third quarter. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/28/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 48, p8
Reports on total bookstore sales of the four largest chains in the United States in the third quarter of 1994. Comparison with second quarter figures; Barnes & Noble Inc.; Borders-Walden; Crown Books Corp.; Books-A-Million Inc.
- Chain Sales up 6% in Third Quarter, to $1.5 Billion. Malliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/27/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 48, p9
Details the sales performance of bookstore chains in the United States for the third quarter of 2000. Barnes & Noble; Borders Group; Books-A-Million; Crown Books.
- Chains Report Flat First-Quarter Sales. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/26/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 21, p9
Reports on the sales of the three largest bookstore chains in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2003 ended May 2. Increase in sales at Barnes & Noble; Revenue at Borders Group; Impact of the Iraqi war on total sales at Books-A-Million.
- Chains' Sales Rose 2.7% in Third Quarter. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/10/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 50, p10
Reports on the total revenues of three major bookstore chains in the United States in the third quarter of 2001. Barnes & Noble; Borders Group; Books-A-Million.
- Book-loving Boomers projected to propel expansion of superstores. // Discount Store News;7/01/96, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p73
Lists the top three book retailers in the United States based on sales in 1995. Barnes and Noble Inc.; Borders Books and Music; Books-A-Million Inc.; Number of stores as of January 1996; Average store size; Comparison with 1994. INSET: Outlook..
- Restructuring charges result in loss for chains in '93. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/4/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 27, p12
Reports on the financial performance of four of the largest bookstore chains in the United States in 1993. Borders-Walden; Barnes & Noble; Crown Books; Books-A-Million; Reason for total operating loss despite sales of $3.1 billion; Restructuring charges and extraordinary items an indication of...