Summer Ends with Readers Turning Toward Nonfiction
- The paper selection scheme simulation analysis. Zhu, Zheng Yuan; Liu, Jian // UMAP Journal;
Discusses five models for selection schemes and proposed optimal schemes based on computer simulation, for each model. Use of a cost function to evaluate a scheme; Ideal Model as selection scheme under ideal conditions; Round-Table Model and Classic Model to produce expensive solutions; Cutoff...
- Scaling in economics: a reader's guide. Brock, WA // Industrial & Corporate Change;Sep99, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p409
Discusses examples of scaling laws in economics and finance. Importance of regularities in data for disciplining theory formation; Primary goal of econometric work; Challenges that face emprirical and theoretical researchers who wish to make use of scaling law type regularities.
- WORLD RANKING. Huggan, John // Golf World;
Presents the world ranking of golf players based on the points they achieved.
- 50 best restaurants. Wright, Jodi; Burns, Rebecca; Paul, Deborah; Way, Deborah // Indianapolis Monthly;May2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p178
Focuses on the ranking of restaurants in Indianapolis, Indiana. Atmosphere of Bistro 936 Restaurant; Rate at Colonnade Room; Menu design at the Corner Wine Bar.
- Forecasts fund recommendations retooled. // Dow Theory Forecasts;9/10/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 37, p10
Presents the list of 'Forecasts' fund recommendations. List of companies being dropped from the list; Details on the proprietary fund-ranking system; Name of companies included in the list.
- The UK is 'one of the worst places to be a mother' in Europe. // Nursery World;
The article reports that Great Britain placed 23rd among European countries in a ranking of the best countries in the world to be a mother, below Spain at seventh place, France, 16th, and Greece, 19th, according to Save the Children's report which was compiled using the Mothers' Index.
- Experience should be a plus for Edwardsville. Marion, Scott // Collinsville Herald;11/21/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 47, pC1
The article reports on the 24-6 overall standing of the Edwardsville boy basketball team in the Southwestern Conference, tying with Collinsville.
- NJBIZ Lists. // njbiz;7/14/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p19
A list of New Jersey's top entrepreneurs is presented which includes Marc Ackerman, Elliot Bohm and Paul Conrad Chachko.
- Czech Republic now second-best place to invest in CEE. // Regional Today;5/27/2014, p3
The article provides information on the ranking of the Czech Republic in American magazine "Site Selection's" "Best to Invest" places in Central and Eastern Europe. Topics discussed include Slovakia getting the top spot, the countries' number of investment projects as a factor for making the...