Textbooks Coming in from Overseas Outstrip Exports in H1
- Narrowing Surplus. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Apr2005, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that a slowdown in exports, amid weakening global demand and the stronger won, will contribute to a narrowing of the current account surplus. Steady Chinese growth will partially support demand for Korean exports, but the overall narrowing of the trade surplus, alongside a...
- Eurozone trade surplus grows. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/17/2014, pA02
The surplus rose to 19.4 bil euros in Oct., more than expected, from 17.9 bil euros in Sept. Imports declined 1.3% on the month and were flat vs. a year ago, pointing to flagging domestic demand. Exports dipped 0.3% in Oct. and were up 4% vs. year-ago levels. Italy's trade surplus widened to 3.9...
- DEFINITIONS. // Monthly Statistics of International Trade -- Statistiques mensue;Nov2002, Vol. 2002 Issue 11, p7
The article presents the definitions of terms used for categorizing economic indicators for OECD member countries. The terms include "customs records," "lists of goods," "trade system," "general trade" and "special trade." Custom records should be the main source of data. Lists of goods pertain...
- External Sector: Outlook. // Sweden Country Monitor;Jan2012, p17
The article presents an outlook for Sweden's trade and external accounts in 2012. The Swedish external account is expected to remain in good shape, highlighting the country's large current-account surpluses in excess of 6% of gross domestic product (GDP). A chart is presented depicting Sweden's...
- External Sector: Recent Developments. // Sweden Country Monitor;Jan2012, p19
The article discusses developments in relation to Sweden's trade and external sector. The value of exports in the country dropped by almost 6% month-on-month, amounting to 103.3 billion kronor. The Swedish current-account surplus remains positive and gains further momentum in the third quarter...
- Hong Kong: Country Conditions: Climate for Trade. // Political Risk Yearbook: Hong Kong Country Report;2003, p45
Discusses trade regulations in Hong Kong, China as of October 2003. Goods in which domestic consumptions taxes are imposed; Customs valuation on taxable items; Policy on import and export licensing in the region.
- Uncitral Update! // Secured Lender;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p78
Presents an update on the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) as of September 2001. Information on UNCITRAL's conference in Vienna, Austria from June 25 to July 13, 2001; Member states of the UNCITRAL.
- Book Survey 2005. Raisch, Marylin Johnson // Journal of International Economic Law;Mar2006, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p237
A bibliography on the subject of international trade law is presented, which includes "The General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade: A Commentary" by Petros C. Mavroidis, "Challenges and Prospects for the WTO" edited by Andrew D. Mitchell, and "Reforming the World Trading System: Legitimacy,...
- Economic Structure and Context: Trade Profile. // South Korea Country Monitor;Nov2011, p19
Several tables are presented which show the trading partners of South Korea for imports and exports in 2000 and 2010 including the U.S., Brazil, and China.