Executives on the Move at Cengage Learning
- Strategy Officers Create New Challenge for CFOs. // Financial Executive;Nov2007, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p11
The article discusses research performed by Accenture on the topic of chief strategy officers (CSOs). The long-term focus of a CSO can sometimes conflict with the duties of a firm's chief financial officer (CFO), who may be concentrating on more immediate, day-to-day concerns. Cooperation...
- Who's Better at Strategy: CFOs or CSOs? Agrawal, Ankur; Gibbs, Emma; Monier, Jean-Hugues // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;1/11/2016, p2
The article discusses the benefits of cultivating a partnership between chief financial officers and chief strategy officers and cites several specific areas where such a partnership can have a major impact on performance, including resource allocation and the adoption of a long-term view.
- George Boyadjis. Heffes, Ellen M. // Financial Executive;Sep2005, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p80
The article presents a profile of George Boyadjis, executive vice president, chief financial officer (CFO), and secretary and treasurer of American Telecare Inc. The company specializes in technology-enabled disease management. Boyadjis began his career at the Ohio and Michigan offices of Ernst...
- Defining the role of the CFO. GRAY, ANDI // Westchester County Business Journal;9/27/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 39, p15
The article provides an answer to a question on the role of chief financial officer (CFO).
- Organizations are paying to keep some executives. Daniels, Susan; Klaus, Leigh Ann // Quality Progress;Feb99, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p15
Discusses the difficulty of finding and retaining executives, according to the Hay Group's annual executive compensation report. Compensation increases awarded to executives; Chief financial officers' critical role in ensuring a company's financial stability.
- Axiall exec leaves to take CEO position at PQ. // Chemical Week;3/16/2015, p12
The article announces that George Blitz, the chief strategy officer at North American chemicals and building products manufacturer Axiall Corp., has resigned from his post on March 3, 2015 to assume the position vacated by Mike Boyce as chief executive officer at chemical manufacturer PQ Corp.
- Bean counters are history. Snider, Victor V. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p6
Examines the role of finance administrators in the housing industry. Misconceptions regarding their functions; Need to implement private sector financial management practices; Important role of chief financial officers.
- Above the bottom line. Farrell, Greg // Adweek Western Edition;6/17/96, Vol. 46 Issue 25, p36
Focuses on chief financial officers (CFO) at advertising agencies in the United States. Omnicom Group's Fred Meyer; Interpublic's Gene Beard; Qualities of an effective CFO; Low profile of some CFOs; Participation in hiring decisions. INSETS: Managing change, by G.F.;CFO short list..
- CFOs can't help but check in while on vacation. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;7/14/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 23, p6
The article presents a survey conducted by research firm International Communications Research which shows that chief financial officers (CFOs) in the U.S. cannot resist looking into the activities in the office at least once or twice a week during their vacation.