Weathering the storm
- TRUCKING'S ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION. Cassidy, William B. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);12/6/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 48, p36
The article focuses on the increase in demand for new trucks and trailers in the U.S. Total orders for over-the-road equipment hit 17,000 units, while class 8 tractor orders reached to around 18,900 units. Tractor-trailer supply is expected to be tighter in 2011 than it was in 2004, when the...
- Analysts agree trucking on the upswing. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;May2012, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p1
The article offers information on the forecasts related to trucking industry. Topics discussed include views of Kenny Vieth, president at ACT Research, on production of Class 8 trucks by North American manufacturers and increased freight, views of Bob Costello, chief economist at American...
- ACT Research: Confidence crisis holding down Class 8 orders. // Fleet Owner Blog;6/22/2012, p6
The article discusses the findings of ACT Research about the crisis of confidence that is holding down order activity for Class 8 trucks. ACT Research president & senior analyst Kenny Vieth elaborates on the problem which he says is not freight-related, otherwise a run-up in cancellation...
- Class 8 build forecast is lowered slightly. // Bulk Transporter;Jul2012, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p10
The article informs on the business forecast for the trucking industry as made by ACT North American Commercial Vehicle Outlook in the U.S. It is mentioned that there would be low demand for the Class 8 trucks and the trailer industry is expected to perform well during the second half of the...
- Trailer factory shipments will be stuck between 241,000 and 251,000 through 2015, but that's not a bad thing after recession. Weber, Rick // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;11/1/2013, p1
The article focuses on the report "The Great OK: An Overview of US Trailer Demand in Late 2013" by Kenny Vieth, President at the research firm Americas Commercial Transportation (ACT) Research Co. LLC on the demand of the trailers in the U.S. Vieth forecasts the total trailer factory shipments...
- Medium-Duty Orders Down 10%, Heavy-Duty Flat: ACT. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;11/3/2016, p1
The article reports on decreased orders for medium-duty trucks in the U.S. according to transportation market researcher ACT and the views of Kenny Vieth, ACT's President & Senior Analyst on effect of overcapacity of Class 8 tractors on other segments.
- An 'explosion' in trailer demand? Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2007, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p38
The article offers information on A.C.T. Research senior partner Kenny Vieth's presentation "U.S. Trailer Demand Review," at the annual Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association Convention, held at the Fairmont Turnberry Isle Resort in Aventura, Florida from May 16 to 20, 2007. Based on Vieth's...
- Good times, for a long time. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2004, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p28
Presents information on the commercial truck and trailer market in the U.S. according to Ken Vieth of ACT Research. Reason for the strong demand for trailers; Information on the financial status of fleets; Factors that affect the truck and trailer industry.
- Orders for Trailers achieve three-year high. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2003, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p5
Reports on an increase of orders of truck trailers in September 2003 according to ACT Research. Number of orders received by trailer manufacturers; Comment from Kenny Vieth of ACT, on the rebound of the business.