Non-uniformity of permits hampers oversize/overweight loads, study finds
- 'Challenges Facing the Bus Industry'. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Dec2002, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p77
A final draft has been circulated of a report looking at the challenges facing the bus industry of Great Britain. After much hard work by Scott Hellewell, the Bus Forum will be led by Paul Matthews, Managing Director of Go North-East. Earlier in 2002, members of the Institute of Logistics and...
- Working Time Directive – Consultation. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Dec2002, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p78
The Institute of Logistics and Transport will be responding to the public consulation on measures to implement Directive 200/34/EC of the European Parliament in 2002. The Institute's Working Time Consultation Group is chaired by Jim Spittle, Group Supply-Chain Director, Whitbread. The...
- All to the good? McQueen, Steve // Commercial Motor;7/7/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5136, p36
Looks at the potential impact of the British government's Road Safety Bill on automotive transportation operators. Statistics on road deaths and injuries between 1990 and 2003; Support extended by the Road Haulage Association for the bill; Benefits of increasing the disclosure of driver,...
- A Changing Voice. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;9/22/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 38, p13
Reports on the plans of John Ficker, who has been appointed president of the National Industrial Transportation League. Existence of tension in any buyer-seller relationship; Security issues and proposed weight regulations in the trucking and air industry; Ficker's career history.
- OOIDA to sue over hours rule. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Feb2006, Vol. 163 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the plan of the Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA) to challenge the decision by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to stand by its ruling to limit split rest for team drivers in a court in the U.S. in 2006. Arguments presented by the OOIDA in its opposition...
- Self-insurance costs rise. // Fleet Owner;Aug99, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the fees proposed by the United States federal government for carriers in 1999. Exemption to the charge; Implication of the proposal.
- Rail, Motor, and Shipper Opinions on Regulatory Issues. Constantin, James A.; Jerman, Roger E.; Anderson, Ronald D. // Transportation Journal (American Society of Transportation & Log;Fall77, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p40
Highlights the opinions of employees of rail carriers, motor carriers, and shippers on regulatory issues in the U.S. Deregulation; Regulatory procedures; Entry controls; Mean response and statistical significant mean differences of the three groups.
- Buzz word: Harmonization. Hillegonds, Tim // American Cranes & Transport;Apr2013, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p68
Information on several topics discussed at the Annual Specialized Transportation Symposium held by the Specialized Carriers and Rigging Association (SC&RA) in Orlando, Florida from February 27 to March 1, 2013 is presented. Topics include transportation funding and public policy, permit...
- Editorial. // Transportation Quarterly;Apr93, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p149
When John Sweeney was asked to assume the Chair of the Eno Transportation Foundation, he felt both pleased and challenged. Pleased because the Foundation has done much to enhance the study and development of transportation; and challenged by the ever increasing opportunities for the Foundation...