Trailer demand surges in Eastern Europe
- Truk to distribute Heil sliding-axle trailers. Sowman, Colin // Contract Journal;10/15/2003, Vol. 420 Issue 6448, p15
Reports on the selection of Bristol, England-based Truk as the sole distributor of Heil sliding-axle trailers in Great Britain. Background on the trailer's axles; Advantages of using the truck trailer.
- Hendrickson slates next suspension-training sessions. // Fleet Owner Blog;10/17/2014, p1
The article focuses on hands-on technical suspension training program offered for the heavy-duty transportation industry by Hendrickson Vehicle Suspension Institute (HVSI) to be held at the Eastern Maine Community College (EMCC) in Bangor from November 18-20, 2014. It mentions that the training...
- Quicker by road? // Truck & Driver;Nov2009, p25
Several photographs of truck trailers carrying different means of transportation including an engine of a train, a boat, and a helicopter are presented.
- States Should Test Triples. Williams, Kevin M. // Traffic World;1/25/99, Vol. 257 Issue 4, p48
Comments on the federal freeze on triple-trailer operations by the Department of Transportation (DOT) in the United States. Basic scenarios analyzed by the DOT on the operations; Impact of the restrictions on the operation of truck transportation; Transportation cost and safety of operation.
- West European heavy truck trailer market holds steady. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2008, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p13
The article reports on the heavy truck trailer market of west Europe. According to the author, the industry of heavy truck trailer saw high demand in 2007 and had shortage of axles and other key components. Sales in 2009 is forecasted to be lower, however, there is a forecast of 0.2% at 172,000...
- GO DUTCH--CARRY MORE. Jarvis, Bryan // Commercial Motor;8/5/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 5091, p50
Focuses on the redesigned LV-O stub-axle suspension from Dutch steering axle specialist Tridec, which provides double-deck trailers operators with another half-tonne payload capacity. Functions of a triaxle; Durability trials performed on the suspension; Addition of a special forked bracket to...
- REPORT RECOMMENDS HEAVIER, LONGER TRUCKS. // Overdrive;Jul2002, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the recommendation by the US. Transportation Research Board that heavier trucks with longer trailers than allowed by regulations should be allowed on interstate roads provided their safety and road impact are monitored. Opposition to proposals to increase weight and length...
- Wrong way to start a cattle show trip. Hayhurst, Susan // Indiana Prairie Farmer;Aug2012, Vol. 186 Issue 8, p72
The article offers the author's insight on the experience of a mother with three children ranging from elementary to high school age that drives a truck pulling a trailer loaded with livestock on a congested highway, which freed from the trailer along with her luggage.
- The Road Ahead. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2013, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p55
A calendar of events for the truck trailer industry in the U.S. in 2013 is presented which includes the Alternative Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo, the "Conference on Welding Codes and Standards," and the National Trailer Dealers Association (NTDA) annual convention.