Wastequip breaks ground on facility
- Electrostatic Spray Finishing. // Wood Digest;Jun2006, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p14
The article provides some insights into electrostatic spray finishing. The method has been designed to induce a negative charge to spray finishing materials. When sprayed, the materials are attracted electrically to an opposite charge such as a grounded object. This attraction of negatively...
- Choose your HVLP. Boxer, Bill // Finishing;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p14
The article provides information on how to choose the right high volume low pressure (HVLP) sprayers in the U.S. The author said that the turbine systems in the wood industries are generally best suited to small to mid-sized finishing applications such as cabinet shops, furniture refinishing...
- Improving Application Efficiency. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Dec2001, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p38
Part I. Discusses the benefits of providing good training to spray operators for the improvement of a finishing operation. Challenges in improving spray finishing efficiency; Components of application efficiency; Areas affecting product consumption rates.
- Spray Guns for Liquid Paint. // Products Finishing;Sep2005, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p62
Features spray guns for various liquid painting needs. High-performance RHINO automatic air spray gun; G15 and G40 air-assisted spray guns from Graco Inc.; Automatic liquid coating spray application HVLP gun from Can-Am Engineered Products Inc.
- A Clean Spray. Dawson, Tom // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jun2006, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p10
The article highlights the development of a new spray gun technology that can allow manufacturers to achieve higher quality finishes while reducing costs and improving employee productivity. The new laminar airflow technology was created to overcome challenges such as cost control, poor finish...
- parts cleaning clinic. Peterson, David S. // Products Finishing;Jun2006, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p34
The article presents questions and answers related to parts cleaning in the coatings industry. One reader asks for the proper solvent to preclean aluminum surfaces to ensure that they are free of silicone prior to painting. Another reader asks why most formulators use more than two types of...
- Assessment of Dermal Exposure During Airless Spray Painting using a Quantitative Visualisation Technique. BROUWER, DERK H.; LANSINK, CECIEL M.; CHERRIE, JOHN W.; VAN HEMMEN, JOOP. J. // Annals of Occupational Hygiene;Nov2000, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p543
The range of dermal exposure to non-volatile compounds during spray painting was studied in a semi-experimental study involving three enterprises and 12 painters. A fluorescent tracer was added to the paint and deposition of the tracer on clothing and uncovered parts of the skin was assessed...
- Spray Gun. // Products Finishing;Sep2006, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p101
The article introduces the AVX automatic Airmix spray gun from Kremlin. The spray gun is designed with a smaller lightweight body with two different bases for rear or side fluid inlets. The article also describes the spray gun's streamlined fluid passages to reduce the potential for shearing...
- Airflow Patterns in Spray Booths. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jun2005, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p29
Discusses the considerations for an adequate mechanical ventilation in an automotive spray painting booth. Key to continuous and efficient operation of the booth; Safety requirements for exhaust air; Suggested process for managing air turbulence.