The Literacy Leader
- Dr Lyn Bird talks to Liz Hawes about her Ariki experience. Hawes, Liz // New Zealand Principals' Federation Magazine;Dec2010, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p22
The article offers the author's insights on the Ariki Project experience of doctor Lyn Bird. The author says that Bird was involved with the Ariki since the start of the project and was qualified to provide a balanced critique in eluding few models of professional learning development (PLD)....
- Helping School Leaders Improve. Neale, Elizabeth; Chartock, Jonas S. // Education Week;3/13/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p24
The authors offer suggestion on how school leadership can be improved to promote higher levels of academic achievement. These including providing school principals with continuous training and support, establishing multiple career paths for educators, and offering fellowship and training...
- Leadership Training for Secondary Principals and Department Heads. Sange, Peggy // Educational Leadership;Oct82, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p55
Discusses key issues concerning leadership training for principals and department heads in high schools in the U.S. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent and related topics; Implications on teaching and educational leadership.
- Leadership craft and the crafting of school leaders. Krug, Samuel E. // Phi Delta Kappan;Nov93, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p240
Discusses the leadership role of principals in schools, their essential functions and the development of leadership. Mission definition and communication; Curriculum management and instruction; Teacher supervision; Student progress monitoring; Promotion of instructional climate; Impact of good...
- Leadership for Excellence: Research-Based Training for Principals. Blum, Robert E.; Butler, Jocelyn A.; Olson, Nancey L. // Educational Leadership;Sep87, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p25
Focuses on a research-based leadership training program for school principals held by the Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory, Portland, Oregon. Objective of the training program; Major contents of the program; Synthesis of research on educational leadership.
- A Principal-In-Training. HARRIS, REBECCA // Education Digest;Apr2011, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p16
An excerpt is presented from an article of the same name by Rebecca Harris, which has been condensed from an article that originally appeared in the April 2010 issue of "Catalyst Chicago."
- Principals, School Climate: Readers Share Ideas. Wheat, Rebecca // Education Week;4/17/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p26
A letter to the editor is presented on educational leadership and school administration in response to the article "Principals Lack Training in Shaping School Climate" from the March 6, 2013 issue.
- Support Principals, Transform Schools. Aguilar, Elena; Goldwasser, Davina; Tank-Crestetto, Kristina // Educational Leadership;Oct2011, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p70
The article presents a profile of the authors' professional work as instructional coaches for school teachers and principals. Comments are given describing the professional responsibilities and goals of instructional coaches, noting the need for educational accountability and examination even at...
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: PREFERRED METHODS OF PRINCIPALS AND TEACHERS. Fransworth, Briant J. // Education;Summer81, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p332
For a teacher to meet the instructional challenges of an ever changing educational system, a lifelong exposure to instructional methods and strategies is very important. It has been difficult to determine the most effective ways to provide continuous professional training. In a recent study,...