Knowing Who You Are Doing Business With In Japan: A Managerial View Of Keiretsu And Keiretsu Business Groups
- Disaggregating the group effect: Vertical and horizontal keiretsu in changing economic times. Dow, Sandra; McGuire, Jean; Yoshikawa, Toru // Asia Pacific Journal of Management;Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p299
This paper examines the evolution of keiretsu group affiliation among members of horizontal and vertical keiretsu in Japan over two time periods: 1992-1997, and 1997-2002. We found that ties were more stable in the later time period and therefore restricted our empirical analysis to the...
- Metamorphosis for Misys. // Money Marketing;12/5/2002, p29
Comments on the proposed merger of Misys IFA Services' five networks. Member firms; Impact of the merger on the networks; Other organizations planning for a restructuring.
- Development grows as Agco choses dealers. Collings, Andy // Farmers Weekly;12/13/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 24, p55
Presents an update on the Challenger dealer network of Agco, following the company's acquisition of the Challenger business in 2002. Information on several dealers involved in the Challenger network; Features of the Challenger tractors; Expectations on the Challenger dealer network by 2003.
- An Apple Buyout of Sony Is a Bad Idea: 10 Reasons Why. Reisinger, Don // eWeek;4/11/2014, p1
The article looks at the reasons why buying Japanese conglomerate corporation Sony is not a good idea for American multinational corporation Apple. These include the decline in Sony's share in the television set market, the complication to be brought by Apple's lack of expertise in the areas of...
- Why Alliances Are Gaining Momentum. Harrison, Joan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p28
The article explains why alliances or joint ventures has been increasing in the U.S. as of June 2005. Dampened mergers and acquisitions levels in recent years opened a window for corporate development professionals to pursue growth opportunities by forming alliances or joint ventures -- often...
- Behind M&As in China and the United States: Networks, learning, and institutions. Yang, Haibin; Sun, Sunny; Lin, Zhiang; Peng, Mike // Asia Pacific Journal of Management;Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p239
Few scholars would dispute the argument that mergers and acquisitions (M&As) are different in China and the United States, but we know little about how they differ. This article reports one of the first studies that systematically compares and contrasts how M&As differ in these two countries....
- Creating a Reliable UNION. Diegel, Steven // Wireless Review;03/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p24
Discusses mergers and acquisitions in the wireless communication industry. Ensuring of network reliability; Concerns created by mergers to networks; Effect of mergers on reliability; Integration challenges; Impact of separate networks.
- Momentum Returned to Early-Stage Deal Flow in October, Say Survey Participants. Flynn, Mary Kathleen // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/10/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 54, p1
Many dealmakers took advantage of October networking opportunities, such as ACG conferences in Philadelphia, Chicago and London
- MudanÃ§as PÃ³s-aquisiÃ§Ã£o Internacional na Rede de Fornecedores da Adquirida. De Marques de Freitas, Maria Amália; Loureiro Rezende, Sérgio Fernando; De Castro, José Márcio // RAC - Revista de AdministraÃ§Ã£o ContemporÃ¢nea;jul-sep2008, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p811
This article deals with post-acquisition changes at the level of the supplier network of the acquired firm. Specifically, we investigate if and how acquisition processes affect the relationships between the acquired firm and its suppliers, which are theoretically categorized into Arm's Length...