Leaping Over Hurdles to Increase Polarized Lens Sales
- Eye Contact. Chiang, Mona // Science World;02/07/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the risk of sharing eye colored contact lenses with friends.
- Contact lens aftercare & complications. Gupta, Navneet // Optometry Today;2/25/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p38
A quiz about contact lens aftercare and complications is presented.
- Multifocal vs. monovision for your presbyopic patients. Bowling, Ernie // Optometry Times;Mar2013, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p12
The article highlights multifocal contact lenses, which is gaining use among presbyopes and is expected to be used by 2.3 billion by 2020. Multifocal lenses are prescribed in 79% of all contact lens (CL) fits in Portugal and 23% in the Netherlands, Costa Rica and Taiwan and in the U.S, it...
- Lens Wear So Comfortable Patients Don't Even Notice. // Review of Optometry;May2013 Review of Cornea & Contact Lenses, p4
The article discusses a study which revealed that wearing contact lens is comfortable and no clinically significant effect occurs at the ocular surfaces by wearing contact lens as compared to those who do not wear lenses.
- Study: Extended wear remains small percentage of total contact lens fits. // Primary Care Optometry News;May2012, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p1
The article presents an overview of a study which found that extended wear modality makes up 7.8% of total contact lens fits.
- Getting Patients to Comply with Lens Replacement. Wood, Craig // Primary Care Optometry News;Aug2012, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p5
The author discusses the issues involved in the use of contact lenses, particularly on the failure by many patients to recognize the correlation between reduced contact lens satisfaction and over-extending the life of their contact lenses.
- Focusing on big picture clarifies contact lens trends. Scerra, Chet // Ophthalmology Times;02/15/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p46
Discusses trends in the design, manufacturing and marketing of ophthalmic contact lenses. History of contact lenses; Reason for the marketing success of disposable contact lenses; Cause of the decrease in marketing demand for soft contact lenses; Overview of the rigid gas-permeable lenses market.
- Hybrid CL first. // Optometry Today;10/14/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 20, p21
A preview of Duette, a second generation silicone hydrogel contact lens, is presented.
- Daily disposable lenses designed to work like the eye for comfortable vision throughout the day. OATNEY, BRAD // Review of Cornea & Contact Lenses;Jun2013, Vol. 150 Issue 5, p21
The article offers a review of BiotrueR ONEday lenses.