- High School Earns an 'A' for Energy Efficiency. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/29/2006, Vol. 228 Issue 5, p16
The article focuses on the Buffalo Grove High School in Illinois, as a model of energy efficiency and savings. It discusses the district-wide system upgrade undertaken by the Township High School District 214. The article reports on the school district's partnership with TG Solutions Inc. to...
- GAS IS NOT VERY EXPENSIVE IF YOU GET 1,000 MILES PER GALLON! // Technology Teacher;Sep2005, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p20
The article focuses on the future of fuel efficiency of cars. The tenth annual IMSTEA Super Mileage Challenge was held at Indianapolis Raceway Park on April 25, 2005. Forty Indiana high schools entered 53 cars in the two classes of competition. The students build their own cars under the...
- East Hartford HS Scores High. // Energy & Power Management;Nov2006, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p34
The article reports on the on-site power generation system used by the East Hartford High School in Connecticut. This power generation system enables the school to produce off-grid power in an environmentally better manner. Such system was developed by UTC Power, in partnership with the U.S....
- ComEd's Youth Ambassador Program Employs and Educates Local Teens. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;9/5/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p14
The article reports on the Youth Ambassador program of Commonwealth of Edison Co. (ComEd) which employs high school students to educate community residents on energy efficiency and conservation in Chicago, Illinois in 2012. The program enables students to learn the importance of sustainability,...
- Energy-Efficient Design Is Key To A Prosperous Future. Bursky, David // Electronic Design;11/11/2002, Vol. 50 Issue 24, p22
Editorial. Explores the importance of developing more energy-efficient solutions to reduce energy consumption of the U.S. Energy costs; Various incentives the government can offer to help defray the initial higher cost to the consumer for purchasing an energy-efficient product.
- Energy fund gives power to the people. Harris, Stephen // Engineer (00137758);9/6/2010, Vol. 295 Issue 7801, p9
The article reports on the plan of the Technology Strategy Board, in cooperation with the Department for Business, Innovations, and Skills, to provide 3.8 million pounds in government funding to technology projects that can help generate smart energy meters having communications technology to...
- Turn It Off. Tenzer, Debbie // Today's Christian Woman;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p12
The article provides information for energy conservation.
- What Are You Going to Do When the Well Runs Dry? Norris, Jim // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;06/18/2001, Vol. 213 Issue 7, p5
Focuses on the energy strategy of the United States. Increase of energy supplies without worrying too much about energy conservation; Rate of increase of energy consumption.
- Controlling Energy Demand Earns Dollars. Gordon, Michael // Westchester County Business Journal;6/17/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 24, pS7
Reports on the investment offered by the New York State which gives financial rewards for the users who reduce or control their energy consumption as of June 2002. Effect of the system on the end-users; Mechanics of the system; Benefits from the system.