What to Do--and Not
- milling it over. Richmond, Holly // Contract;Aug2006, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p158
The article focuses on the use of custom millwork by the architects and interior designers. Custom millwork enables designers to manipulate a particular space and explores number design opportunities for that. The quality of space can be reflected in planned custom millwork. Although clients...
- EXTEND YOURSELF. Karalis, Nik // Public #4: 21st Century Guide to Life;2008, p260
The article focuses on the house renovation designed by of architect Woods Bagot in Melbourne, Victoria. The house has been renovated by integrating a contemporary lifestyle, the addiction of living and balcony area and a children's bedroom. New furnishing has been added to enhance the interior...
- Midcentury Matters. Bissell, Therese // Architectural Digest;Feb2010, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p84
The article reports on a renovation of a William Wurster designed home in San Francisco, California that was conducted by architect Brooks Walker of Walker Warner Architects. A discussion of the home's architectural design, and of the home's interior decoration, which was managed by interior...
- Presidential Fantasy. // Hospitality Design;Apr2007, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p40
The article reports on the renovation of the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers by local architecture and design firm Stonehill & Taylor. The first phase of a larger revitalization included the interior design of the Presidential Suite, the architecture and interior design of the hotel ballroom,...
- a feast for the eyes. Phillips, Ian // Interior Design;Jul2007, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p208
The article features the renovated Auberge de I'lll restaurant in France owned by the Haeberlin family, and designed by Patrick Jouin of Alain Ducasse au Plaza AthÃ©nÃ©. To mark the establishment's 40th year, head chef Marc Haeberlin had decided to carry out the makeover. According to...
- CALM AFTER THE STORM. Cutrone, Lee // New Orleans Homes & Lifestyles;May2007, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p32
Several photographs of the renovated house of Marty and Barbara Claiborne are presented, along with its furniture and fixtures.
- Simple summer steps to sell your home. // Monroe County Clarion;7/6/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 29, pC5
The article focuses on ways to improve a home's over-all appearance to increase its chances of being sold which include applying a fresh coat of paint, updating the bathrooms, and making sure the home is attractive from the outside.
- Past, Perfected. KAROL, LARRY; BEELER, ELIZABETH // Coastal Living;Jul/Aug2012, p27
This article focuses on the restoration of a Victorian cottage on Martha's Vineyard island in Massachusetts and offers tips including use of items from an area's history in the decoration, changing the layout of a room to add space, and placing collectibles in a grouping together.
- The best design on show. Hillier, Rose-Marie; Radd, Peter // Australian House & Garden;Feb95, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p44
Recounts the combined efforts of interior decorators and landscape designers to restore Villa Alba, a nineteenth century Kew mansion in Melbourne, Australia. List of the team members and their respective contributions.