Green light your fish choices
- Hook, Line and Sustainable. Hunsberger, Kelley // PM Network;Sep2011, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p14
The article presents information on study released by the International Union for Conservation of Nature & Natural Resources, according to which more than 40 fish species in the Mediterranean Sea are likely to vanish in the next few years due to overfishing, pollution and loss of habitat. Kerry...
- New international alliance launched to combat toothfish pirates. // Professional Fisherman;Jun2003, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the Coalition of Legal Toothfish Operators (COLTO), an international alliance launched to help fight the growing numbers of illegal fishing operators targeting toothfish. Reward offered by COLTO for information leading to the conviction of people involved in illegal fishing...
- Sustainable seafood day causes national confusion. // Ausmarine;Apr2008, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p17
The article focuses on the efforts to assist Australian consumers in choosing sustainable seafood. "Australia's Sustainable Seafood Guide" was published by the Australian Marine Conservation Society (AMCS) and has been criticised by the industry as being far too simplistic. Consumers are advised...
- EVENT CALENDAR. // Professional Fisherman;Jul2005, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p33
Presents a calendar of events that lists congresses and conventions organized by trade and professional associations in the fishing industry from July 10, 2005 to March 2, 2006.
- Hansen Trust sets example of positive support of ag. Gordon, Donald G. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;03/06/2000, Issue 322586, p31
Discusses the importance put by Hansen Trust on agriculture as a major component of people's daily livelihood. Hansen Trust's deep appreciation and understanding of the importance of agriculture; Push for the conservation of natural resources for a prosperous and healthy agriculture; Principle...
- ELMINA B. SEWALL FOUNDATION (01/15/14). // Nonprofit World Funding Alert;Jan2013, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p24
The article offers information on the Elmina B. Sewall Foundation that works for the conservation of the natural environment and the well being of animals and human beings, primarily in Maine.
- ASMA--Dolphin-safe Monitoring in Switzerland. Berman, Mark; Luber, Sigrid E. // Earth Island Journal;Spring2001, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the conservation efforts of the Swiss Working Group for the Protection of Marine Mammals. Participation with the meetings of the International Whaling Commissions; Cooperation with International Marine Mammal Project on several campaigns.
- Skyways, greenways. // Whole Earth;Summer98, Issue 93, p18
Presents information on the Bander Outreach and Training program of the Institute for Bird Populations. Species of bird tracked by the the Monitoring Avian Productivity and Survivorship (MAPS) stations; How citizens monitor the decrease and increase of breed of birds. INSETS: A Guide to Bird...
- A Path Encircling Harlandale. Hall, CJ Lockman // American Forests;Winter2003, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p52
Presents information on Partnerships in Action Throughout Harlandale, an organization of mostly middle school and high school students in Harlandale, Texas that aims to redevelop and beautify their surroundings. Comments from Reverend Doctor Allan F. Cope on planting trees; One of the...