Can sustainability be profitable?
- Royale, Tamarindo, The Prado star as hot, new San Diego dining attractions. Spector, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;10/02/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p12
Reports on three restaurant concepts introduced in San Diego, California by King's Seafood Co., Cohn Restaurant Group and Sami Ladeki. Growth of the restaurant industry in the city; Offerings of the three restaurants.
- King's Seafood Co. nets additional sites in California. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/26/99, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p40
Reports that King's Seafood Co., owner and operator of Southern California restaurants is finalizing a deal to acquire sites for the construction of additional facilities in San Diego and Los Angeles. Schedules of the openings; Difference of the restaurant operation from the King's Fish House...
- Fishing hole. Casper, Carol // Restaurant Business;12/15/98, Vol. 97 Issue 24, p66
Features the King's Seafood Co., formerly University Restaurant Group in Long Beach, California. Growth of its King's Fish House, a midprice concept; Menu offerings; Expansion plans.
- King's Fish House: Netting guests with good food, prices. Spector, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;05/17/99, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p62
Focuses on the King's Fish House restaurant concept of Long Beach, California-based King's Seafood Co. Upper-end casual dinner house; Annual sales per unit; State where located; Average per-person lunch and dinner checks.
- A new wave. Jennings, Lisa // Nation's Restaurant News;2/7/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p3
The article focuses on the initiatives of seafood restaurants to sell affordable products. It relates that the sale of affordable seafoods is seen as an opportunity for restaurants to grow despite the challenges. It cites that Maryville, Tennessee-based Ruby Tuesday Inc. will be launching its...
- Operators feel more pressure to warn guests about tuna risk. Jennings, Lisa // Nation's Restaurant News;3/27/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on the plan of King's Fish House in Costa Mesa, California to add a "we suggest" statement to its chain's menu. Co-founder of King's Seafood Co., Sam King explains that the statement aims to alert pregnant or nursing women about the possible presence of mercury in swordfish,...
- King's Seafood Co. SPECTOR, AMY // Nation's Restaurant News;1/30/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p102
The article discusses the success and dining concept of Costa Mesa, California-based restaurant operator King's Seafood Co. The company was founded in 1983 and has 13 units. The company's restaurants offer diverse seafood options. One factor contributing to the growth of the company is the...
- Can sustainability be profitable? Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Sep2007, Vol. 106 Issue 9, p60
The article presents information related to the Sustainable Seafood Forum, a nonpartisan organization that advises restaurateurs and the public about seafood choices that are sustainable and affordable. The organization was launched by Sam King, chief executive officer (CEO) of King's Seafood...
- WHEN NEON GLOWED. Laborde, Errol // New Orleans Magazine;Sep2002, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p6
Provides an overview of seafood restaurants in New Orleans, Louisiana. Preparation of seafood; Ambiance and setting of restaurants; Factors the led to the decline in the business of seafood restaurants.