Fishing for answers
- Sourcing strategies. Cobe, Patricia // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, Special section p4
The article offers strategies to source fishery products. The National Fisheries Institute's Economic Integrity Initiative requires its 400 members to commit to fair business practices and these include truth in labeling as to country of origin, weights and counts. High-end restaurants get daily...
- Scaling back. THORN, BRET // Nation's Restaurant News;12/16/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 24, p29
The article reports that the consumption of seafood in the U.S. has declined in 2012 for the seventh year in a row. It discusses the National Fisheries Institute's report that Americans consumed an average of 14.6 pounds of seafood in 2012, declining from the 2006 average figure of 16.5 pounds....
- Fishing for answers. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Sep2007, Vol. 106 Issue 9, p60
The article reports that people in the U.S. are now eating more seafood due to nutrition recommendations. Recent figures from the National Fisheries Institute indicate that consumption is up 11 percent since 2001, 16.5 pounds per person in 2006 compared to 14.8 pounds five years earlier. White...
- Keep the bivalves coming: Oysters, clams keep Oyster Bar cookin'. Keegan, Peter O. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/7/94, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p44
Presents facts from the National Fisheries Institute's information pamphlet `Seafood Source.'
- SUMTHIN' FISHY. Cavallaro, Michaela // Restaurant Business;Oct2007, Vol. 106 Issue 10, p14
The article presents information on a new U.S. seafood-industry initiative, the Better Seafood Bureau, to wipe out fraudulent practices such as glazing, as well as product substitution and transshipping. John Connelly, president of the National Fisheries Institute (NFI), says that the companies...
- MEXICO CITY RESTAURANT GUIDE. // Business Mexico;Feb2005, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p59
This article presents information related to restaurants located in Mexico City. Los Almendros has a warm, cozy ambience and attentive service staff complement a splendid Yucatecan menu. Panuchos are great starters. The sopo de lima and black bean soup are excellent and the emotodo de puerfo is...
- Seafood fans. // Restaurant Hospitality;Oct95, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p87
Updates on seafood consumption in the United States, provided by the National Fisheries Institute.
- NFI Weighs Generic Marketing Campaign for Seafood. Merli, Richard // Frozen Food Age;Mar1999, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p40
Reports that the National Fisheries Institute (NFI) will decide in 1999 about endorsing a generic marketing campaign for seafood. Cost of the marketing campaign; Initiatives recommended by an NFI marketing task force; Basis of the campaign.
- Fish fight. Morton, Alan // Restaurant Business;1/1/94, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p40
Reports on the marketing campaign planned by the National Fisheries Institute to increase consumer consumption of seafoods in the United States. Problems encountered by the task force on planning; Comments about government meddling; Cost and benefit analysis.