- Burger King unit pays tribute to `Fry Queen'. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/26/99, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p40
Focuses on the award presented to Burger King's record-breaking french fries fryer, Emma Oliver to celebrate her 40th year with the chain.
- Proper training quickly turns fast-food unit into model store. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;5/26/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p98
Discusses how proper training helps turn a fast-food restaurant into a model store. Personal experience of customer service at a Burger King restaurant in Denver, Colorado; Decision of the chain restaurant to open several stores that are open 24 hours under the partnership between Ken Donahue...
- SIDE DISHES. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/12/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p20
The article offers news briefs related to restaurant industry in the U.S. Broderick Lloyd Laswell, an inmate awaiting trial for murder at the Benton County jail, now weighs 308 pounds after loosing 100 pounds due to prison diet. The new restaurant Red Flag Fluttering has waitresses wearing green...
- Personalized Training Preferred. // Chain Store Age;Dec99, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p6C
Discusses about the customized training programs conceptualized by food service operators in the United States. Wal-Mart; Marriott; Burger King.
- DANIEL SCHWARTZ. MAZE, JONATHAN // Nation's Restaurant News;1/19/2015, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p18
The article presents information related to Daniel Schwartz, chief executive officer (CEO) at Restaurant Brands International Inc. It is noted that he joined the private-equity group 3G Capital as an analyst in 2005 and became the CEO of Burger King in 2013. It is stated that Schwartz guided a...
- NEWS DIGEST. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p3
Reports on developments related to restaurants and food service industries in the United States, as of April 26, 2004. Agreement reached by the Department of Labor and three separately-owned Sam's Boat restaurants on the payment of back wages of more than 200 employees; Chapter 11 bankruptcy...
- IN MINN. SCHOOL DIST.: Performance pay for foodservice workers. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on how foodservice employees in South Washington Independent School District in Saint Paul, Minnesota are being paid. Areas of employees performance being considered; Bonuses given to employees.
- IN HERSHEY, PA: New director reverses school f/s losses. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the changes at Derry Township School District in Hershey, Pennsylvania since Greg Hummel become food service director. Branded items that were brought in; A la carte sales in high schools; Gain from an exclusive soda contract with Coca-Cola.
- Calif. schools expand bread offerings. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p22
Highlights the hiring of a pastry consultant by the Kern High School District in Bakersfield, California, for its central bakery. Impetus for the hiring of a pastry consultant; Comments from food service director, Mary Kay Hammans; Benefits realized by the hiring of the pastry consultant.