Portability On The Menu
- PEOPLE/STEAL THIS IDEA. // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p34
This sections presents the ideas and suggestions of various food service executives in the U.S. Denisa Cate, director of Food and Nutrition Services of Henry County Medical Center in Paris, Tennessee, uses picnic basket filled with condiments when delivering meals to their patients. Laurie...
- Process Improvement is Focus of AHF Confab. // Food Management;Jul2013, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p10
The article discusses a meeting by the society Association for Healthcare Foodservice (AHF) held in the U.S. June 2013. The conference saw a discussion on the promotion of foodservice organizations, a presentation by the chief executive officer (CEO) at HCA Oak Hill Hospital Mickey Smith on new...
- milestones. // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p30
The article presents information related to people involved in food service, including the election of Denisa Cate as president of the American Society of Healthcare Food Service Administrators (ASHFSA), the recognition of Jane Grant Shambaugh with the 2008 Minah Award from the National...
- ASHFSA Names Top Officers. // Food Management;Oct2008, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p18
The article announces the appointment of Denisa Cate as president of the American Society for Healthcare Food Service Administrators.
- 2009 Menu Development Survey. King, Paul // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p26
The article discusses highlights of the 2009 Menu Development survey compiled by "FoodService Director." It showed that 24% listed Thai as the hottest ethnic cuisine, while 14% listed Mediterranean/Greek as the hottest, followed by Indian, with 8%. Latino moves to the top of the list when it...
- NEW AND NOTEWORTHY. Nerenberg, Kate // Washingtonian Magazine;Jul2009, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p140
A review is offered for several restaurants including Italian Pizza Kitchen, Hell Point Seafood and Bayou Bakery, located in the U.S.
- All Souped Up! Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Sep2003, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p36
Focuses on the importance of soup to an onsite menu mix according to food operators in the U.S. Percentage of sales of the soup in the cafeteria; Demands from patients in hospitals for a soup daily; Suggestion of soups from the chefs.
- FOOD & BEVERAGE DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/16/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p30
The article presents news briefs related to food and beverage industry in the U.S. Olive Garden in Florida is offering two stuffed-shells dishes through February 12, 2006. The shells are stuffed with a blend of ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan and Romano cheeses, spinach and parsley. Starwich is...
- the Lure of Seafood. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Feb2008, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p58
The article focuses on the significance of sustainability on seafood preparation in the U.S. The Seafood Watch program from the Monterey Bay Aquarium, ensures the practice of sustainability in food preparation. According to the director of culinary for Aramak's Business Service National Catering...