Pets and People
- Food Cop Jobs Need Bilingual Talent. Rifkin, Jane M. // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p42
Reports on the high demand for bilingual registered dieticians and nutritionists in the United States. Description of the responsibilities, tasks, work hours and work environment of dieticians Sandra Diaz, Juanita Solana and Lola Arriola; Qualifications for becoming a registered dietitian;...
- Where can I get more information? // What I Need to Know about Eating & Diabetes (National Diabetes I;Oct2007, Issue 8, p44
The article suggests where to find diabetes teachers, recognized diabetes education programs, and dietitians.
- Eat, drink and be wary. // South Asian Post;11/14/2013, p10
In this article, dietitian and nutrition expert Lisa Rutledge offers some tips related to eating habits to maintain weight.
- SDAND Fall Meeting - Sept 23-25th 2015. Richardson, Mary Jane // Digest (South Dakota Dietetic Association);Aug2015, p2
The article offers information on the annual meeting of the professional organization South Dakota Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (SDAND) with the South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations (SDAHO) from September 23-25, 2015 to be held at Sioux Falls at the Convention Center.
- Look what's trending. // NW;1/21/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p77
The article offers updates related to health and nutrition which include the SaltSwitch, a new feature of the free FoodSwitch application, the Zumba Fitness Core for Wii and Xbox 360 Kinect game, and the Dietitians Association Of Australia initiative.
- Smarter food shopping. Good, Karen; Ganeshram, Ramin // Shape;May2003, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p164
Focuses on a nutrition program developed by Albertsons Supermarkets that gives consumers access to dietitians on call via the telephone or the Internet.
- AHF names new board. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;8/14/2015, p1
The article announces the appointment of new board of directors of the Association for Healthcare Foodservice (AHF) as of August 2015 including Randy Sparrow, Julie Jones and Joanne McMillian.
- Guide to over-the-counter sports supplements for athletes. Baume, Norbert; Hellemans, Ien; Saugy, Martial // International SportMed Journal;2007, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p2
Dietary supplements are used by at least 40% of athletes, and depending on the sport, up to 100%. Often multiple supplements are taken in higher than normal doses. Both competitive and recreational athletes take supplements, though sometimes for different reasons. Some take them to support a...
- The Role of Nutrition and the Nutrition Practitioner in the 21st Century. Butlin, June // Positive Health;Jan2006, Issue 119, p28
The article looks into the role of nutrition and nutrition practitioner in health care. Dietitians acknowledged that health depends upon a number of factors such as nutrition, climate, hygiene, exercise, disposition, quantity of food intake and hereditary. Nutrition practitioners are striving to...