- A NEW BEGINNING. McPherson, Teresa // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Apr2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one about the role of international distributors and their importance in the global market and another about the important function that distributors have in the global supply chain.
- Why Wholesalers STILL matter. Olsztynski, Jim // Supply House Times;Mar2001, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p24
Reports the important implications of wholesaling industries to manufacturing companies. Role of wholesalers on the effective distribution of manufactured goods; Impact of contractor consolidations on wholesalers; Significance of product availability on the wholesaling business.
- Wholesale Sales, Inventories Rise. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;11/09/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31014, p2
Reports on the inventories of merchant wholesalers in the United States in September 2000.
- Wholesale Trade Up 0.3% in April. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;06/07/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30907, p2
Reports on the sales of merchant wholesalers in the United States for April 2000. April sales of nondurable goods.
- Death of the middleman? Dentzer, Susan // U.S. News & World Report;5/22/95, Vol. 118 Issue 20, p56
Considers how middlemen who transported products from farms and factories to faraway consumers have been a major force in United States economic growth for many years. Pressure on those in the middle of the economic food chain; Reduction in commissions paid to travel agents; Similar forces that...
- Wholesaler-distributors worry about Fed's influence on long-term spending. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/12/95, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p8
Presents the results of a confidence index survey conducted by the National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors. Focus on wholesaler-distributors' confidence in business conditions; Uncertainty over the Federal Reserve's interest rate policy; Market segments.
- Criminal database proves its worth. // Convenience Store;2/3/2012, p7
The article discusses the value of the Criminal Intelligence Database of the Federation of Wholesale Distributors (FWD) after information passed to the police led to four arrests within eight days including the reported Ford Focus suspected for involvement in 18 incidents as to the FWD database.
- 23. WHOLESALING. SAVAGE, JOB K.; WRIGHT, JOHN S.; HOLLANDER, STANLEY C.; CODNER, BERNARD // Journal of Marketing;Jan1960, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p109
The article reviews several articles, including "How Co-op's Service Program Helps Its Retailers" by John E. Lewis in the July 1959 issue of the periodical "Progressive Grocer," "Interfirm Comparison in Wholesale Shoe Trade: A Study from Belgium" by A. J. Vlerick in the May 1959 issue of the...
- WDs Pessimistic About Future. // Automotive Marketing;Jan2000, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p10
Reports on United States wholesale distributors' pessimistic view about the future, according to a presentation based on a multi-industry study by the National Association of Wholesalers. Loss of market share to 'traditional competitors' and through direct sales by manufacturers; Consequence of...