- milestones. // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p12
The article announces the appointments of Marni Posey as director of nutrition services for the Berkeley Unified School District from California, Nicole Mayernik as child nutrition director for Watauga County Schools in Boone, North Caroline, and Mary Angela Miller as administrative director for...
- Going with the flow. Gordon, Jay // Uniforms;May/Jun2007, p49
The article talks about the upgrade of foodservice workers' uniforms at the Ohio State University Medical Center (OSUMC). According to Mary Angela Miller, administrative director of nutrition services for OSUMC and president of the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management (HFM),...
- Milius promises follow-through. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p10
Announces the appointment of Mona Milius as president of the National Association of College and University Food Service. Career background of Milius; Top priorities of Milius; Issues that association members and leadership will tackle in 2005.
- Seven Deadly Hiring Mistakes. Lousig-Nont, Gregory // Restaurant Hospitality;Oct2000, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p46
Presents a list of common mistakes made by food service companies in hiring employees. Disadvantages in hiring employees based on job interview results; Errors in the use of intuition; Use of character references as a basis for employment.
- What's your candidate's food safety IQ? Kinnear, James // Food Management;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p50
Focuses on the incorporation of food handling questions when interviewing potential employees for the food service industry. Importance of the applicant's knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation guidelines; Use of a structured interviewing process; Categories of interview questions.
- Stanford chef wins NACUFS cook-off. // FoodService Director;8/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p13
Highlights events that happened during the 2004 National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS) 46th annual conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. Information on the winner of the Culinary Challenge; Award received by Brian Klippel, associate director of housing and dining...
- TAKING AIM AT CRIME. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;05/22/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p130
Focuses on the importance of background investigation when recruiting foodservice employees. Value of validating the information submitted by an applicant; Precaution against the commitment of crime; Avoidance of huge losses for the company. INSET: Putting crime in perspective: Watchdogs...,...
- Calif. schools expand bread offerings. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p22
Highlights the hiring of a pastry consultant by the Kern High School District in Bakersfield, California, for its central bakery. Impetus for the hiring of a pastry consultant; Comments from food service director, Mary Kay Hammans; Benefits realized by the hiring of the pastry consultant.
- 2008 SILVER PLATE AWARDS. Buzalka, Mike; Friedland, Ann // Food Management;May2008, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p44
The article focuses on the recipients of the 2008 Silver Plate Awards in the food service management industry. Amy Greenberg, expert in corporate dining believes in serving the leadership of the company in a responsible way. Shawn LaPean has enhanced the culinary component, modernized facilities...