Lobbying for Support
- Live and Learn. // FoodService Director;6/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p18
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences as a school nutrition supervisor at Jackson-Madison County School System.
- Make a meal of it. Halstead, Amanda // Nursery World;10/15/2012, Vol. 112 Issue 4305, p12
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being the ambassador for the National Schools Meals Week of the Local Authority Caterers Association.
- Veggie Advocate. // FoodService Director;6/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p58
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences as director of food and nutrition services of the Baltimore, Maryland City Schools program.
- Postcard: Paris. Walt, Vivienne // Time International (South Pacific Edition);3/15/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 10, p3
A personal narrative is presented which describes the author's experience with the school-lunch program requirements of her son's nursery school in Paris, France.
- One-Room Schoolteacher. Beardslee, Rose // Good Old Days;Sep2007, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p48
The author relates her experiences in teaching at Head School, a one-room rural school in Scott County, Missouri, for $100 a month. She taught music with the help of a pitch pipe and a songbook. She mentions that she received a wooden box of prunes, apples and eggs for her hot lunch program in...
- Tricks of the Trade. Barnes, Peter // Teaching Pre K-8;Apr2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p32
The article discusses the author's experience of playing tricks to his students to enhance their learning and remind them that they should not believe everything they are told. He told his class that the principal has created some new rules, including having to pay 25 cents for every trip to the...
- School nutrition advocates find path to change marked by exhilaration and frustration. Boss, Donna // Nation's Restaurant News;4/9/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p39
The article presents the author's experience of joining the School Nutrition Association's annual Legislative Action Conference in March 2007. Her purpose was to petition representatives and senators to include four priorities for federal child nutrition programs in the 2007 Farm Bill. While...
- Healthy Eating. Carpenter, Arielle // Teen Ink;Dec2005, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p21
The article discusses the author's experience of launching a campaign as an advocate for healthy eating. She started to educate herself about the effects of childhood obesity and its associated medical problems. The author also made presentations to students in elementary and middle schools...
- Q&A. Allen, Jolia Sidona // Vegetarian Times;Nov/Dec2009, Issue 372, p16
An interview with Michael Pollan, a journalist and author of the book "The Omnivore's Dilemma," is presented. When asked about his decision to adapt the book for young readers, he reveals his intention to get middle school students interested on what they eat. He explains that he decided to...