New Dining Hall For Ball State
- Ball State to open renovated dining hall. // Food Management;Jul97, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p20
Describes the new `food mall' at the Noyer Centre Dining Hall on the Ball State University campus. Installation of a salad bar, soup station and grill station; Homestyle food concept.
- Cafeterias/food service areas. // American School & University;Aug98, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p78
Focuses on the design of the Noyer Centre, a food service facility at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. Service areas; Building renovation; Accommodation; Menu options.
- East Meets Mex. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p42
This article focuses on the renovated Woodworth Commons food emporium at the Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. The new Woodworth Commons features a grill, pizza and Italian station, deli, patisserie and Comfort Zone for down-home cooking. The director of the campus dining services also...
- Remarkable Service. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p26
The article features Jon Lewis, director of dining at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. He has improved food service at the university by implementing the Remarkable Service Program which recognizes outstanding employees and empowering them with new meal plans. Lewis increased...
- THE CONVENIENCE FACTOR. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p42
Reports on the food takeout service offered by Ball State University in Munice, Indiana to students. Categories of take-out meals; Estimated sales of one of the university's convenience stores annually; Information on the university's scatter-system eatery called The Marketplace.
- IN COLLEGES: Grab-n-go adds revenue boost in remote sites. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p52
Reports on the marketing of grab-and-go food items by college and university food service operators in the United States. Purpose of the move; Details of the food program at the University of California-Los Angeles; Establishment of The Atrium foodcourt at Ball State University in Muncie,...
- College foodservice meets challenges with innovations. Pierce, C. Dennis // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p3
Editorial. Discusses some of the innovations which are being made in colleges in the United States, to improve the food service operations. Details on some of the changes made to cafeterias in colleges; Problems which are being encountered by food service directors; Reference to some of the...
- Comparing in-house vs. national brands. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
Compares the quality of the food service offered by the auxiliary service sector and the campus facilities, highlighting a case study conducted at the Michigan State University. Details on some of the methods used to enhance quality of foods at the facilities; Revenues generated by colleges...
- Campus feeders deploy more brands in bids to revive student-center dining. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p41
Focuses on the efforts of food service industry to revive student-center dining in college campuses in the United States. Effects of growing percentage of older enrollees; Campus expansion; Scholars' embracing of computer technology.