Study Critical of Breakfast Programs
- FRAC Urges Govt. To Work On BreakFast. // FoodService Director;2/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p1
This article reports that the Food Research and Action Center (FRAC) has made several recommendations to U.S. federal and state governments to help schools pick up the pace on their breakfast programs. Based on the FRAC's 2008 School Breakfast Scoreboard, 8.5 million low-income children ate...
- New Mexico Tops in Breakfast. // Food Management;Jan2008, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p20
The article offers information about the school breakfast program which began in 2004 in New Mexico. According to a report from the Food Research and Action Center, the state leads in providing free/reduced-price breakfast to low-income children at school. The report found that in every 100...
- FRAC SCORE CARD: School breakfast meals rising. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the increase in the average number of low-income children in the United States fed by the School Breakfast Program on a daily basis. Participation in the breakfast program during the 1999-2000 school year; Number of children who are eligible for free or reduced priced meals.
- What turns breakfast on. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p80
Reports on recent executive summary indicating that United States' low-income elementary school students are significantly more likely to eat breakfast when the School Breakfast Program is available to them.
- F&R breakfast rises. // FoodService Director;12/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the increase of breakfast participation brought by the introduction of grab-and-go breakfast program by the Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District in 2004 in Houston, Texas. Comparison between the number of students who eat breakfast in 2003 and 2004 according to foodservice...
- Breakfast Business. // FoodService Director;6/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p13
The article discusses the free breakfast program offered to students by the Lincoln County Schools in Oregon. According to school district nutrition director Byron Sackett, the program was conceived to address the problem of student's non-eating of breakfast which he claims is a problem across...
- 99% IN DEKALB CTY.: Participation near-perfect in school breakfast pilot. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the increase in the breakfast participation in a school in DeKalb City School District in Decatur, Georgia with the implementation of an in-class breakfast pilot program in September 2000. Details on the in-class breakfast program; Impact of the breakfast program.
- REGARDLESS OF INCOME: Hillsborough district adds free b'fast to 34 schools. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the addition of schools to the Hillsborough County School District's universal breakfast program in 2001 in Tampa, Florida. Reason for the expansion of the program; Food served at the breakfast program.
- AN FSD NEWSTRACK EXCLUSIVE: NYC SCHOOLS GEAR UP FOR `BIGGEST EVER' SUMMER. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the New York City school district's summer meal program for students on summer school which begins on June 28, 2000. Features of the breakfasts at summer school and open sites programs; Lunch menus; Preparation for the summer meals programs.