Chocolate Heals at Hospital
- Sweet Deal. Rowe, Molly // HealthLeaders Magazine;Oct2007, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p45
The article reports on the partnership of Memorial Hospital in Indiana and the South Bend Chocolate Company to promote the valentine's day opening of its heart hospital. At the launching of the cardiac center, South Bend created a bouquet of deep dark chocolate together with a card outlining the...
- Main Street's dilemmas. Blankenau, Renee // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;8/5/94, Vol. 68 Issue 15, p96
Focuses on Foster G. McGaw Awards-finalist Memorial Hospital in South Bend, Indiana. Broad-based solutions to community problems; Program on child abuse; Interviews with Memorial's president Philip Newbold.
- Fun With Guts. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;May2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p30
Reports on the opening of Kids Museum at Memorial Hospital in South Bend, Indiana. Cost of the project; Amenities and materials exhibited in the museum.
- In South Bend, local challenges tackled with Iron Man intensity. Moore, Lila Margaret // AHA News;2/17/97, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p2
Focuses on the innovative community health programs launched by Phil Newbold, president and chief executive officer of Memorial Hospital/Health System of Sound Bend, Indiana. Community Health Partnership, which provides up to two years of free health care for uninsured families; Community...
- A culture of innovation pays big at Memorial Hospital. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/19/2007 BioFutures Supplement, Vol. 28, p58
The article focuses on Memorial Hospital in South Bend, Indiana's President Philip Newbold's discussion of the hospital's mission to create a culture of innovation. He explains that the hospitals visited companies that are really good in innovation such as Nike, Microsoft and Proctor and Gamble....
- Niche products equals success for booming South Bend Chocolate Co. Amire, Roula // Candy Industry;Jul98, Vol. 163 Issue 7, p60
Focuses on the growth of the chocolate business of South Bend Chocolate Co. after the company emphasized marketing its product line at the University of Notre Dame. Background of the company's establishment; Factors leading to the decision of owners to enter an exclusive marketing deal with the...
- AN INVESTMENT IN COMMUNITY. Hudson Thrall, Terese // Trustee;Apr2002, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p19
Focuses on community programs supported by the Memorial Hospital and Health System of South Bend, Indiana. Description of the HealthWorks! Kids' Museum; Information on the Play, Exploration & Developmental Support Program, a center for homeless infants and toddlers; Description of the self-help...
- Indiana museum aims at improving kids' health IQs. Webb, Craig // AHA News;04/10/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p12
Features HealthWorks! Kid Museum, a health education facility created by the foundation affiliate of Memorial Hospital of South Bend, Indiana. What the museum can provide; Number of students the facility can handle; Total amount Memorial has raised to build the facility.
- Univesity of Notre Dame researchers form new partnership to help trauma patients. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;11/9/2011, Vol. 21, p452
The article discusses the move of the researchers from the University of Notre Dame's Keck Center and trauma physicians at South Bend's Memorial Hospital to collaborate in using a new medical technology to help save the lives of trauma patients. Keck Center researchers examine how the genes...