FOODSERVICE DIVERSITY INCREASING
- IN 2001: Pay's up 3.2%, gender-gap widens again. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p47
Reveals results of the industrial survey conducted in the U.S. food service industry in 2001. Comparison on the salary trend for men and women food service employees; Demography of food service directors; Key issue and challenge facing survey respondents.
- Pew Hispanic Center Releases Report on Unauthorized Immigrants. // Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education;1/30/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p32
The article discusses the estimates made by the Pew Hispanic Center as of January 2012 that nearly two-thirds of the 10.2 million unauthorized adult immigrants in the U.S. have already lived in the country for at least 10 years.
- HUMAN RESOURCES. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/29/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p5
This article reports on the 1.4% increase in the nonfarm wage and salaried job figures of Utah in October 2010, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' monthly employer survey.
- Vineyards hit with labor drought. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;9/18/2012, p3
The article explains the effects of Mexican labor decline towards the U.S. vineyards, as the Pew Hispanic Center reported that 1.39 million Mexicans returned to Mexico while 1.37 million moved to the U.S. from 2005 to 2010.
- Illegal Immigrant Population In U.S. Levels Off. Springer, Richard // India -- West;2/11/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 12, pA7
The article reports that illegal immigrants in the U.S. has a slight increase of 11.2 million in March 2010 as compared from the 11.1 million in March 2009 as indicated in the report of the Washington D.C.- Pew Hispanic Center.
- HFM honors 2002 winners of Spotlight on Innovation. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/23/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 38, p18
Reports the awards received by the Foodservice directors from hospitals in Chicago, Toronto and Columbus, Ohio. Presentation of award from the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management; List of awardees; Provisions of the awards during the HFM's annual conference.
- The wine seller. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;3/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p170
Focuses on the philosophy of Mary Ross, principal of Chicago, Illinois-based Mary Ross & Associates, on the importance of teaching the right mental attitude to restaurant wine servers. Ross' background in the wine-serving industry; Value of a well-trained service staff to a profitable and smooth...
- Turning point. Adams, Michael // Restaurant Business;04/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p37
Profiles several food service employees in the United States. Includes Millie Miner, waitress of International House of Pancakes in North Palm Beach, Florida; Van Eure, owner of Angus Barn in Raleigh, North Carolina; Julie Lau, general manager of Suzie's in New York City; Paul Murphy, chef of...
- Love 'em or lose 'em. Klara, Robert // Restaurant Business;05/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p42
Focuses on the results of a study by the Foodservice Research Forum on the conditions and attitudes of food service employees. Reason for working in food service; Top ten perceived employment needs; Top ten unmeet needs by the employees; Reasons for leaving the food service industry; Career...