Custom Salads A Hit in Ontario
- Demo cooking livens salads. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p84
Reports on salad offerings in some colleges and universities in the United States. Information on General's Chicken Salad at Washington & Lee University in Lexington, Virginia; Top selling salad at the University of Maine in Orono; Alternative to chicken ingredient.
- Adding more fusion flavors. Hirschfield, Jeff // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p122
Focuses on the increased sophistication of salad menus served in university cafeterias in the United States. Addition of ethnic dressings and ingredients; Combination of salad and protein dishes; Provision of individual unit variations in salad bars; Serving of several salad entrees every week.
- Campus grabs healthy lifestyle. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the move of the University of Western Ontario (UWO) in London to brand its healthy food offerings and add new fruit and vegetable items as of July 2004. Percentage increase in the company's grab-and-go sales due to the branding; Brand name adopted by UWO for its offerings; Fruits and...
- Healthy and hearty. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p94
Focuses on the salad offerings of college food service facilities in the United States. Important considerations in managing salad bars; Salad preferences of customers; How salads are presented.
- Managing the Night part Day part. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Jun2006, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p58
The article reports on the offer of 24-hour service by food service operations in several universities in the United States. Campus operators have responded have extended breakfast hours and expanded the late-night dining services. Some food service operators offer dining options throughout the...
- SURROUNDING THE MEAL: SALADS UNLIMITED. // FoodService Director;11/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p63
Focuses on the consumption of salads in the U.S. food service industry. Ingredients of the Gado Gado cabbage salad; Special salads offered at Claremont McKenna College; Traditional selections at school salad bars.
- UC's Remarkable Rec. // Food Management;Sep2006, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p92
Several photographs which were provided by the University of Cincinnati in Ohio, depicting the great spaces of the CenterCourt Dining Center is presented, along with its renovated facilities that reveal stylish elegance, innovation, or efficiencies of the dining center.
- Campus deli grabs more to-go sales. // FoodService Director;5/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that Columbia University dining services Uris Deli and Ferris Booth Fresh are expecting to increase their sales at a delivery in the business school, due to the launch of an upscale grab-and-go program. Everyday the restaurants offer six to eight salad choices and 10 to 12...
- Purdue re-do adds menu options. // FoodService Director;12/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p4
The article provides information on Windsor Dining Court, a quick-serve restaurant at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, which opened in August 2005 after being renovated. The facility offers menu concepts not offered elsewhere on campus. It has three stations which offer vegan and...