Eat Smart, Get Moving
- National Dairy Council supports food choices for good oral health. // Journal of the Irish Dental Association;Dec2012/Jan2013, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p287
The article reports on the recommendation by the National Dairy Council of consuming foods shown to have beneficial impact on dental health along with good oral hygiene practices and dental check-ups for good oral health.
- NEW 'MILK IN ACTION' CAMPAIGN. // Irish Farmers Monthly;Nov2010, p12
The article reports on the nationwide advertising campaign entitled Milk in Action, launched by the National Dairy Council in Ireland with the aim of promoting the consumption and nutritional benefits of dairy and milk.
- Kearney Brothers Line Out For National Ploughing Championships. // Checkout;Oct2014, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p72
The article presents the views of Rugby players Rob Kearney and Dave Kearney expressed during the National Ploughing Championships in Laois, Ireland in September 2014, with the National Dairy Council on importance of healthy habits, and role of milk in sports nutrition.
- An American Dietary Cornerstone. Huth, Peter; Miller, Gregory // Dairy Foods;Jan2004, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p60
Reports on the revision of the Food Guide Pyramid by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Schedule of the release of the updated pyramid with the revised Dietary Guidelines for America; Reason for updating the pyramid; Support of the National Dairy Council on the USDA's effort to update...
- NDC New Three Year Strategy. // Irish Farmers Monthly;Feb2013, p34
The article discusses the highlights of the National Dairy Council's three-year strategy for 2013 to 2015, titled "Irish Dairy: Sustainable & Nutritious by Nature." The strategy aims to protect and promote the credentials of Irish dairy produce to various audiences. The image, quality, taste and...
- Milk It Awards finalists announced. // Irish Farmers Monthly;5/1/2014, p12
The article reports on the National Dairy Council (NDC) Milk It Awards which announced the secondary school team finalists in Ireland for the 2014 national final competition that aims in helping the teenagers to learn the nutritional benefits of yogurt, milk, and cheese.
- FAME Issues Call for Nominations. // Food Management;Aug2012, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p10
The article offers information on the nominations of school nutrition professionals for the Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence (FAME) Award to be given during the School Nutrition Association's Child Nutrition Industry Conference to be held in San Antonio, Texas on January 13, 2013.
- Storming the Hill. // Food Management;Apr2011, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p8
Information about several topics discussed at the School Nutrition Association's annual Legislative Action Conference in April 2011 is presented.
- SNA Honors Former President Martin at Conference. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;3/5/2012, p2
The article announces that School Nutrition Association (SNA) Past President Doctor Josephine Martin was honored by the SNA with an award for her passion, commitment and outstanding service to school nutrition.