Degrees of separation
- The Real Real World. Ewell, W. Andrew // T+D;Feb2003, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p29
Presents suggestions regarding activities that can be undertaken during the post-baccalaureate period until one finds a job. Recommendation to join a local library; Suggestions to keep track of schedules of television programs and local sports matches.
- First fall in graduate vacancies since 2003, claims research. // Education (14637073);2/13/2009, Issue 343, p3
This article reports that the Association of Graduate Recruiters found that graduate vacancies in Great Britain declined for the first time since 2003. Job opportunities were down over 5% from 2008 with salaries frozen and graduates saddled with record levels of debt. The association criticized...
- Men lag behind as female graduates go top of class. Millar, Michael // Personnel Today;9/6/2005, p3
This article reports that most Great Britain universities are now seeing women graduate in greater numbers and with better degrees than men. The first ever comprehensive analysis of all the university study data from the British Higher Education Statistics Agency, covering the past two years,...
- A Proposed Method for Finding a Position: Information Sources for Occupational Guidance by Geographic Area. Wasserman, Paul; Mason, H. W. F. // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Feb1958, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p408
The article presents a study on the methods which help graduating college students find a job after graduation in New England. The general objective of the study is to enable students to consider all of the industries of the region, to focus upon a limited number which adhere to the criteria...
- UT, McCombs Lead in Study Abroad. // McCombs Exchange;2009, p35
The article offers information on the Open Doors report, which states that the University of Texas is among the nation's top three universities that are letting their students go abroad and one of the top 10 in educating international students. It mentions that the school provides academic...
- Indiana Graduate Business Programs. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/4/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p20
A list which ranks the Indiana graduate business programs by spring 2006 full-time equivalent (FTE) enrollment is presented. The institutions topping the list include Indiana Wesleyan University, Indiana University's Kelley School of Business, and the Mendoza College of Business at the...
- BACK TO SCHOOL. Southerland, Randy // Georgia Trend;Feb2004, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p77
Terri Wright, a program administrator for graduate medical education at Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, Georgia, decided that by pursuing master of business administration (MBA), her chances to get a better job or a promotion would improve. Wright has enrolled in the MBA...
- Job fair interest takes hit. Callahan, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/4/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p19
Reports the decrease in employer attendance at central Indiana college job fairs. Effect of economic downturn on on-campus recruiting; Forecast of an upswing in corporate recruiting in spring of 2002; Enumeration of factors contributing to the decrease.
- Caribbean University to host employment fair. // Caribbean Business;3/20/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p29
Announces an employment fair hosted by the Bayamon Campus of the Caribbean University in Puerto Rico on April 2, 2003. Invitation to companies who wish to participate; Features of the employment fair; Contact information.