TAKE CARE TO AVOID CLAIMS
- GAB Robins moves. // Alaska Business Monthly;Dec96, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p10
Announces the relocation of GAB Robins, an independent insurance adjusting firm specializing in property, casualty and workers' compensation claims to Anchorage, Alaska.
- 'Freak case' reminds employers of delicacy of layoffs. KOSTER, KATHLEEN // Employee Benefit News;May2009, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p1
The article discusses a case wherein the Massachusetts Supreme Court ruled that former department of public works employee, Claire Cole should have been given full disability benefits after she suffered a heart attack within moments upon learning of her impending layoff. The entry notes that...
- Fairly dismissing an employee for work-induced stress. // Personnel Today;8/21/2007, p4
The article focuses on the court case involving McAdie v Royal Bank of Scotland, whereby Mrs. McAdie, the plaintiff, accused the bank of unfair dismissal for work-induced stress. After being transferred to a different branch Royal Bank of Scotland PLC, she complained of her manager's behavior....
- Organisational downsizing and work stress: testing synergistic health effects in employed men and women. Dragano, Nico; Verde, Pablo Emilio; Siegrist, Johannes // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Aug2005, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p694
Study objective: To systematically study the separate and combined effects of organisational downsizing and work related stress on a measure of health in "survivors of layoffs". Design: Using Rothman's approach, separate and combined effects of the two exposures in estimating the risk of poor...
- Global Isurance Claims Firm Takes Shape Under Brera Capital Sponsorship. Sikora, Martin // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p29
Features GAB Robins Group of Cos. History of the firm; Description of the company; Services offered by the company.
- Grain elevator explosion tests catastrophe-response team. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Oct98, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p98
Reports on the loss-adjustment, risk-management, inspection and investigation services of GAB Robins Co. the United States. Investigation of the grain elevator explosion in Kansas; Maintenance of catastrophe-response team; Services for insurance companies on property and casualty adjusters.
- Will there be a flood of new claims for unfair dismissal? Goodwyn, Edward // People Management;9/7/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p53
Assesses the implications of the Court of Appeal's ruling against the two-year qualification period in Great Britain. Information about the unfair dismissal case of women against the government for compensation; Argument of the secretary of state regarding Unfair Dismissal Order 1985; Results of...
- Avoiding Wrongful Termination Suits. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/13/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 41, p38
Provides steps in avoiding employment-related lawsuits by employers for termination of employees in the U.S. Approach in reducing employer exposure to wrongful termination suit; Description of employment; Importance of training managers and supervisors on the doctrines of employment.
- Mrs M Konczak v BAE Systems (Operations) Ltd. // Employers Law;Jun2012, p8
The article discusses a court case wherein the plaintiff, who waived the offer of her employer to have the privilege of without prejudice settlement, filed a lawsuit for unfair dismissal, sex discrimination, and disability discrimination for the loss of her earnings claim.