Prepare now for flu threat
- To test or not to test? That's the pre-employment question. Smith, Shawn // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/10/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 23, p4
Comments on the necessity of pre-employment examinations in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Prevention for rapid employee turnover; Cost of pre-employment exams; Importance of implementing unbiased employment tests.
- Why don't you stay a while? Hardin, Patricia // Personnel Journal;Sep95, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p27
Reports on the increase in the rate of executive turnover in American companies. Offer of incentives to entice executives to stay; Increase in use of non-disclosure and noncomplete agreements; Grant of non-solicitation pacts.
- Planning for a flu pandemic. O'Connor, Kev // Occupational Health;Feb2009, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p8
The author comments on the role of occupational health (OH) in managing an influenza pandemic in Great Britain. The natural phenomenon occurs in 30- to 50-year cycles. OH professionals should educate their employers as to what they should be doing and emphasize that an influenza pandemic should...
- Employers report higher turnover of new college hires. // Fairfield County Business Journal;01/29/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on a survey by the National Association for Colleges and Employers, which dealt with the high turnover of new college graduates in the United States.
- HOW A SMALL MANUFACTURING PLANT DEALT WITH A HIGH EMPLOYEE TURNOVER RATE. Phifer, Carol Bishop // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct78, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p25
No abstract available.
- The Leader as a Retention Specialist. Kerfoot, Karlene // Pediatric Nursing;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p426
Provides suggestions on how to prevent retention problems among nurses. Importance of open communication between the leader and employees; Information on evaluating and customizing jobs; Promotion of social ties between the employees; Creation of self-confidence in the employees.
- Dealing with Junior Executive Turnover. Williams, John D. // Management Review;Mar65, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p49
Focuses on the junior executive turnover problem. Shortage of middle-management men; Factors influencing high junior executive turnover in retailing; Intensive efforts of the companies in keeping their young management men from leaving.
- Impacto das PerceÃ§Ãµes de Empregabilidade num Contexto de InseguranÃ§a de Emprego. Cesário, Francisco Santos; Feijão, Ana Margarida Palma // Revista Psicologia. Organizacoes e Trabalho;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p89
In the current European context of deep crisis in labor markets, with unemployment rates reaching very high values, Employability may be an alternative to Job Security for employees. Employability emerges as a fundamental requirement both for organizations that need to compete in a changing...
- Predicting and preparing for pandemic flu. Godlee, Fiona // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;7/25/2009, Vol. 339 Issue 7714, p178
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Tini Garske and colleagues on flu pandemic forecasting, another by Roy Anderson on pre-pandemic planning, and another one by Daniel Sokol on the options and the ethical dilemmas on deciding which doctor should be...