DCSF pioneers flexible public holidays
- Decisionsï¿½Developments. // Labor Law Journal;Nov71, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p735
The article provides information on a case about unilateral workweek change in the U.S. A paid Christmas holiday fell on the Friday of a workweek for the employees of a certain firm. By eliminating work on Thursday and scheduling work on Saturday at time-and-a-half, the firm unilaterally decided...
- Lighten Up At Christmas. Sonja Carberry // Investors Business Daily;12/8/2014, pA04
The most wonderful time of the year, or the most hectic? If jingle bells inspire panic, try these get-it-done tips:
- Coptic Christmas Cheer. // Middle East Quarterly;Summer2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p57
Reports on a presidential decree in Egypt making Christmas a national holiday. Significance of the move; Reaction by some Muslims.
- Tequila sunset. Breuhaus, Brian; Houten, Ben Van // Restaurant Business;04/15/99, Vol. 98 Issue 8, p18
Focuses on the impact of government employee work schedule adjustment on the food service industry in Mexico City, Mexico. Description of traditional Mexican lunches; Synchronization of business schedules with the rest of the world; Relevance of traditional work shifts on lunch sales of...
- Wish you were here--Acas. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Jul/Aug99, Issue 15, p6
Cites the availability of Acas' free leaflet `Holidays and Holiday Pay,' to explain the changes in the Working Time Regulations in Great Britain.
- Inn of the month. // Country Living;Jan2005, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p14
Focuses on a weekend gateway to Philadelphia.
- Holiday pay: Know the rules on legal compliance. // HR Specialist: Employment Law;Dec2012, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the issues regarding wages and leaves, such as when a company can mandate time off, whether holiday pay counts toward overtime and how to legally pay out holiday bonuses in the U.S.
- Be Thankful if You're Working the Holiday. HAMILTON, MYRA // Tennessee Tribune;12/24/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 51, p11A
The author discusses work and holiday schedule adjustments which may be considered by employees that need to report to work during the holiday season.
- Q&A: What's the rule for part-timers. // British Baker;5/22/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 9, Special section p4
The article provides an answer to a question whether it is right for an employee to ask for an additional holiday as a replacement of the Bank Holiday after she asked to reduce her working week to four days in Great Britain.