Welsh Assembly shadow board enables staff to get involved
- Weekly Debates Wales/Cymru. // Education Parliamentary Monitor;12/22/2014, Issue 681, p1
The article announces that the Welsh Assembly is in recess for the period December 15-21, 2014.
- Projecting forward. Reid, Ken // Education Journal;Sep2009, Issue 118, p12
The article focuses on several issues concerning the educational systems in Wales. It discusses the plans of Estyn, the Welsh Inspectorate, for redesigning its inspection cycle in schools between 2010-2016 as well as the plans by the Welsh Assembly Government (WAG) to change the post-16 agenda....
- A message from across the border. Prydderch, Ioan // Estates Gazette;4/25/2009, Issue 916, p131
The article reports on the devolution of powers to the Welsh Assembly Government (WAG) which is expected to result in the development of a body of Welsh laws akin to those in Scotland. It is suggested that the legislative powers of Wales were poised to create a legislative book in addition to,...
- Assembly must act on Glastir flaws -- and fast. Ashbridge, Ian // Farmers Weekly;8/20/2010, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p3
The author reflects on the need for the Welsh Assembly to act on the Glastir agri-environment scheme, arguing that Welsh farmers can face a 40% cut in income because of the scheme's strict rules in Great Britain.
- Welsh meetings explain Glastir. // Farmers Weekly;2/19/2010, Vol. 152 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on the call for farmers in Wales whose businesses will be affected by an overhaul of land management schemes in Wales to attend the Welsh Assembly Government (WAG) information meetings to learn more about Glastir.
- Glastir green scheme application forms sent to Welsh farms. James, Debbie // Farmers Weekly;10/8/2010, Vol. 153 Issue 14, p13
The article reports that most farmers in Wales are interested in joining the Glastir scheme, a sustainable land management scheme being launched by the Welsh Assembly Government.
- NHS workforce planning body in Wales found to be under-powered'. // Nursing Standard;4/2/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p10
The article reports that the Health, Wellbeing and Local Government Committee has recommended the Welsh Assembly Government (WAG) to train and employ more workforce planners. The task resulted from investigations concerning the deficiency of the person power of the National Leadership and...
- Debates in the Welsh Assembly. // Education Parliamentary Monitor;Mar2011, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p350
The article discusses the highlights of debates in the Welsh Assembly from March 1 to 29, 2011. A statement on social services was made by Gwenda Thomas, deputy minister for social services. The minister for children, education and lifelong learning was asked to offer an update on action to...
- Welsh MP calls for PFI to build new hospitals. // Public Private Finance;Nov2003, Issue 78, p7
The article reports that Labour MP Gareth Thomas has urged the Welsh Assembly government to sideline "political correctness" and use the Private Finance Initiative (PFI) to fund Â£200 million of hospital modernisation work in North Wales. In practice the use of PFI has been put on hold in...